Major Las Vegas Strip Property to Eliminate Parking Fees on July 1st
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To The Point
A pay-to-park strategy had become the norm on the Las Vegas Strip, but beginning next month, one major Strip property is having a 180 degree change of heart. Effective July 1, 2018, the Wynn and Encore properties will eliminate self and valet parking fees for its guests…
Free parking on the Las Vegas Strip had almost become a relic of the past, and a pay-to-park model was now just as common in Vegas as the dreaded resort fee. There were a few places you could park on the Strip for free, but that list could just about be counted on one hand.
Wynn and Encore to eliminate parking fees for guests on July 1
However, in a ‘winning’ turn of events, the Wynn recently announced the return of free self and valet parking at the Wynn and Encore properties! Beginning on July 1, 2018, overnight parking for guests will be free…or rather, it will be included in the $39 per night resort fee that is not increasing as a result of this change.
In a statement, the President of Wynn Las Vegas said, “We have come to believe that charging additional parking fees is counter to the personalized service we provide. This new policy directly reflects the way we know our guests want and deserve to be treated.” To that, I say amen, as there is no question that parking fees and procedures have started to plague the carefree Vegas experience.
Now, the skeptic in all of us may feel that this parking fee change is just a way for the Wynn to drum up some positive press in light of all of the recent negative Steve Wynn stories. That may well be true, but I’ll still put it in the win column since it keeps cash in visitors’ pockets.
For Wynn and Encore visitors, parking will be validated with $50 spent at Wynn or Encore retail stores, restaurants, theaters, nightclubs, lounges, and any gameplay. Furthermore, you can have the parking validated for multiple vehicles with enough spending. This means if you met a friend for a $100 dinner, then two cars can have their parking validated. They don’t want every Tom, Dick, and Hannah visiting other Strip properties to just park at the Wynn, without spending some cash first.
Until July 1, 2018, self-parking at the Wynn is $15 per night and valet parking is $27. Let’s hope this move puts pressure on the other Las Vegas Strip properties to rethink their ever-increasing pay-to-park strategy. Until that magical day comes when all of the casinos back away from parking fees, remember that free self-parking at the Mlife properties can be yours by simply obtaining the Hyatt Visa that conveys Discoverist status and then matching that status to Mlife Pearl. Learn more.
Feature image by Eric Lo / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.