Major Las Vegas Strip Property to Eliminate Parking Fees on July 1st
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To The Point
A pay-to-park strategy had become the norm on the Las Vegas Strip, but beginning next month, one major Strip property is having a 180 degree change of heart. Effective July 1, 2018, the Wynn and Encore properties will eliminate self and valet parking fees for its guests…
Free parking on the Las Vegas Strip had almost become a relic of the past, and a pay-to-park model was now just as common in Vegas as the dreaded resort fee. There were a few places you could park on the Strip for free, but that list could just about be counted on one hand.
Wynn and Encore to eliminate parking fees for guests on July 1
However, in a ‘winning’ turn of events, the Wynn recently announced the return of free self and valet parking at the Wynn and Encore properties! Beginning on July 1, 2018, overnight parking for guests will be free…or rather, it will be included in the $39 per night resort fee that is not increasing as a result of this change.
In a statement, the President of Wynn Las Vegas said, “We have come to believe that charging additional parking fees is counter to the personalized service we provide. This new policy directly reflects the way we know our guests want and deserve to be treated.” To that, I say amen, as there is no question that parking fees and procedures have started to plague the carefree Vegas experience.
Now, the skeptic in all of us may feel that this parking fee change is just a way for the Wynn to drum up some positive press in light of all of the recent negative Steve Wynn stories. That may well be true, but I’ll still put it in the win column since it keeps cash in visitors’ pockets.
For Wynn and Encore visitors, parking will be validated with $50 spent at Wynn or Encore retail stores, restaurants, theaters, nightclubs, lounges, and any gameplay. Furthermore, you can have the parking validated for multiple vehicles with enough spending. This means if you met a friend for a $100 dinner, then two cars can have their parking validated. They don’t want every Tom, Dick, and Hannah visiting other Strip properties to just park at the Wynn, without spending some cash first.
Until July 1, 2018, self-parking at the Wynn is $15 per night and valet parking is $27. Let’s hope this move puts pressure on the other Las Vegas Strip properties to rethink their ever-increasing pay-to-park strategy. Until that magical day comes when all of the casinos back away from parking fees, remember that free self-parking at the Mlife properties can be yours by simply obtaining the Hyatt Visa that conveys Discoverist status and then matching that status to Mlife Pearl. Learn more.
Feature image by Eric Lo / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees