Lincoln Center Plaza will transform into a green space
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
During the pandemic, having access to outdoor space has been considered a luxury — especially if you live in New York City.
One New York landmark, the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, is getting in on the outdoor action and will debut an open green space on May 10. The Lincoln Center’s theaters have been closed due to the coronavirus pandemic but will move outdoors for some performances.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter!
A set designer has been hired to “reimagine” Josie Robertson Plaza and will transform 14,000 square feet of concrete into a park-like space, complete with a synthetic lawn. People visiting the space will have access to books, which can be borrowed, a snack bar and outdoor performances.
“The arts can be the centerpiece of New York’s economic, social and spiritual revival — a powerful vehicle to reconnect as we enter the spring season,” said Henry Timms, the president and CEO of the Lincoln Center.
The pandemic has forced urban planners to rethink and reimagine space, especially as many Americans remained largely at home in 2020. And it appears that spaces that went largely unused will be repurposed in a post-pandemic world to cater to people who want space to run, play, relax and physically distance themselves from others outdoors.
Experts have noted that parks and outdoor spaces are essential during the pandemic for reducing quarantine-related stress and could even lower the risk of contracting COVID-19 through outdoor activity.
Featured image of the “Green,” designed by Mimi Lien. (Rendering by Timothy Leung)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees