Las Vegas Centurion Lounge Reopens After Upgrades
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Miami Centurion lounge has also been closed since Jan. 14 for a 4,000-square-foot expansion and is expected to be reopened on Monday, Jan. 28. Amex will also close Seattle’s Centurion Lounge for upgrades during a “short period” in March.
An American Express spokesperson told TPG that there no major renovations to the lounge, just simple cosmetic updates. A Doctor of Credit commenter reports that they have just updated the reception area. Loyalty Lobby reports a visitor didn’t notice anything different than before.
The Amex spokesperson did reiterate that it just made Kim Canteenwalla the Executive Chef of its Centurion Lounge at Las Vegas. Canteenwalla is co-founder of Blau + Associates, which features popular Las Vegas restaurants Honey Salt and Andiron Steak and Sea.
Post from RICOH THETA. – Spherical Image – RICOH THETA
As Centurion Lounges have become more and more popular due to their superiority over many other legacy airline’s domestic lounges, Amex has dealt with waves of overcrowding, so much so that Amex has started limiting entry to passengers who arrive too early for a flight and recently banned travelers from entering the lounge after arriving at an airport that’s their final destination.
Those with The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion Card get complimentary access to the eight Centurion lounges in the US and one in Hong Kong (HKG). These cards also provide access to Delta SkyClubs when flying Delta and a Priority Pass membership, which offers access to more than 1,200 airport lounges and restaurants around the world. Enrollment required for select benefits.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on eligible Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees