Las Vegas Centurion Lounge Reopens After Upgrades
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Miami Centurion lounge has also been closed since Jan. 14 for a 4,000-square-foot expansion and is expected to be reopened on Monday, Jan. 28. Amex will also close Seattle’s Centurion Lounge for upgrades during a “short period” in March.
An American Express spokesperson told TPG that there no major renovations to the lounge, just simple cosmetic updates. A Doctor of Credit commenter reports that they have just updated the reception area. Loyalty Lobby reports a visitor didn’t notice anything different than before.
The Amex spokesperson did reiterate that it just made Kim Canteenwalla the Executive Chef of its Centurion Lounge at Las Vegas. Canteenwalla is co-founder of Blau + Associates, which features popular Las Vegas restaurants Honey Salt and Andiron Steak and Sea.
Post from RICOH THETA. – Spherical Image – RICOH THETA
As Centurion Lounges have become more and more popular due to their superiority over many other legacy airline’s domestic lounges, Amex has dealt with waves of overcrowding, so much so that Amex has started limiting entry to passengers who arrive too early for a flight and recently banned travelers from entering the lounge after arriving at an airport that’s their final destination.
Those with The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum® Card from American Express or the Centurion Card get complimentary access to the eight Centurion lounges in the US and one in Hong Kong (HKG). These cards also provide access to Delta SkyClubs when flying Delta and a Priority Pass membership, which offers access to more than 1,200 airport lounges and restaurants around the world.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees