This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Navigating through unknown airport terminals can be a nightmare; you don’t know which way to go, where your gate is or if there’s a change, or where the restrooms and restaurants are. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines wants to change that and make your trips a little bit easier this summer.
The airline is launching a self-driving trolley that will guide KLM passengers through airports while transporting their carry-on luggage. The trolley, a nonverbal, small, blue cart, called Care-E, will greet passengers after the security checkpoint, prompt them to scan their boarding pass and guide them to any location within the airport.
Care-E will be available for a free, two-day passenger demo trial at New York (JFK) and San Francisco (SFO) airports in later this month and in August — KLM hasn’t confirmed a set date for either airport. The robot assistant will know if your gate has been changed and can carry up to 85 pounds of your carry-on luggage. Care-E will also move at the average human walking pace, around 3mph.
Check out KLM’s introduction to Care-E, below:
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees