KLM Launches Nonstop Route Between Amsterdam and Las Vegas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dutch carrier KLM began operating its new nonstop service between Amsterdam and Las Vegas today. The inaugural left the Netherlands at 12:30pm local time and was scheduled to arrive in Nevada around 4pm.
KLM is using Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft for the flights. KLM’s versions of the planes seat 294, including 30 in business class. The carrier’s Las Vegas-Amsterdam route is currently operating on Thursdays and Sundays. A Tuesday flight will be added on July 2.
The new route is KLM’s 18th to North America and the Caribbean, including options in the US, Canada, Mexico and Aruba. (More KLM News: KLM Opens Paid Restaurant In Its Amsterdam Business Class Lounge)
“Including Las Vegas as KLM’s latest destination will offer our customers even more flight connections to and from the west coast of America,” KLM CEO Pieter Elbers said in a statement.
For the US, Las Vegas becomes the twelfth city that KLM serves nonstop from Amsterdam. The others are: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago O’Hare, Houston Bush Intercontinental, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York JFK, San Francisco, Salt Lake City and Washington Dulles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.