This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Kimpton Everly Hotel in Hollywood, CA, is taking “guest book” to the next level. Room 301, where the guest book lives, is a new social experiment launched by Kimpton available only at the Everly Hotel. It’s designed to foster human connection by asking guests to leave a part of themselves behind in their room.
In Room 301, located on the 12th floor and boasting stunning views of Hollywood, guests are encouraged to take pictures of themselves and leave detailed and creative notes in the guest book. Guests staying in the standard King room, which features unique amenities aimed at sparking human connection, are encouraged to dig deep and share something about themselves for future guests. Creativity will be key to this social experiment, based on Kimpton’s video introduction.
The video features two guests writing in the guest book, exchanging notes, leaving notes on a blackboard, and taking fun selfies. There also appears to be a Spotify playlist curated for Kimpton’s Room 301 project.
If the social and interactive aspects of Room 301 aren’t appealing to you, the room comes with some other valuable benefits. These benefits include:
- 15% off the best flexible rate at The Kimpton Everly Hotel
- $10 per night donation to The Trevor Project or No Kid Hungry
- Welcome amenity valued at $200 with gifts hand-selected by the hotel
Kimpton’s Room 301 will be available at the Everly now through November 30, 2018. If you’re interested in trying out Room 301 for yourself, you will have to contact The Kimpton Everly Hotel directly as the rate is not available online. Other Kimpton Everly rooms start around $269 per night before taxes.
Kimpton plans to add concepts inspired by Room 301 experiences at properties across the country. To inquire about booking the room email StayHuman@KimptonGroup.com.
H/T: 107.9 WSRZ
Header image courtesy of The Everly Hotel on Facebook.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees