A new Kimpton hotel is opening in South Florida next month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
South Florida has, without a doubt, one of the most popular places for people to travel to throughout the pandemic.
The region’s balmy weather, miles and miles of beaches and relatively few pandemic restrictions (for better or worse) have attracted thousands of visitors — and plenty of new permanent residents.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
There’s no shortage of points hotels in South Florida, and come next month, visitors traveling on points will have yet another option to choose from when IHG opens the Kimpton Goodland Hotel — Fort Lauderdale Beach.
The 96-room hotel will be the brand’s first in Fort Lauderdale, though it does have several locations just down the road in Miami. It’s set to open in the building that originally housed the Escape Hotel from 1950, so guests can expect a mid-century boutique feel to radiate through the entire property.
As described by a press release from Kimpton, “The Goodland offers a tucked-away oasis of lush greenery and tropical landscaping paired with a fresh color palette with pops of sun-drenched South Florida colors like turquoise and terra cotta to present an entirely laid-back vibe.”
The Goodland’s location will be ideal for anyone looking for a quieter stay in Fort Lauderdale but still wants proximity to the beach and the ever-increasing dining and entertainment options that the city has to offer.
The upcoming hotel will feature two outlets for eating and drinking: The Botanic at The Goodland and Good Bar at The Goodland. The Botanic will serve dishes with influence from the Caribbean and Latin America, while Good Bar will focus on smaller plates meant for sharing as well as frozen drinks and other warm-weather cocktails and wines.
The Goodland is a low-slung property, spread out among three two-story buildings and will have a “state-of-the-art fitness center” and two pools, one of which is located on the ground floor and the other on the roof of an adjacent building.
Of course, guests will be able to experience signature Kimpton touches like coffee and tea each morning, daily happy hours in the evening, complimentary bike usage, yoga mats in each room. And, this property will continue the Kimpton tradition of being pet-friendly.
At the time of this writing, rooms aren’t yet bookable, though according to a spokesperson for the hotel, you should be able to start booking rooms from the middle to the end of this month.
Featured image courtesy of Kimpton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.