A new Kimpton hotel is opening in South Florida next month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
South Florida has, without a doubt, one of the most popular places for people to travel to throughout the pandemic.
The region’s balmy weather, miles and miles of beaches and relatively few pandemic restrictions (for better or worse) have attracted thousands of visitors — and plenty of new permanent residents.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
There’s no shortage of points hotels in South Florida, and come next month, visitors traveling on points will have yet another option to choose from when IHG opens the Kimpton Goodland Hotel — Fort Lauderdale Beach.
The 96-room hotel will be the brand’s first in Fort Lauderdale, though it does have several locations just down the road in Miami. It’s set to open in the building that originally housed the Escape Hotel from 1950, so guests can expect a mid-century boutique feel to radiate through the entire property.
As described by a press release from Kimpton, “The Goodland offers a tucked-away oasis of lush greenery and tropical landscaping paired with a fresh color palette with pops of sun-drenched South Florida colors like turquoise and terra cotta to present an entirely laid-back vibe.”
The Goodland’s location will be ideal for anyone looking for a quieter stay in Fort Lauderdale but still wants proximity to the beach and the ever-increasing dining and entertainment options that the city has to offer.
The upcoming hotel will feature two outlets for eating and drinking: The Botanic at The Goodland and Good Bar at The Goodland. The Botanic will serve dishes with influence from the Caribbean and Latin America, while Good Bar will focus on smaller plates meant for sharing as well as frozen drinks and other warm-weather cocktails and wines.
The Goodland is a low-slung property, spread out among three two-story buildings and will have a “state-of-the-art fitness center” and two pools, one of which is located on the ground floor and the other on the roof of an adjacent building.
Of course, guests will be able to experience signature Kimpton touches like coffee and tea each morning, daily happy hours in the evening, complimentary bike usage, yoga mats in each room. And, this property will continue the Kimpton tradition of being pet-friendly.
At the time of this writing, rooms aren’t yet bookable, though according to a spokesperson for the hotel, you should be able to start booking rooms from the middle to the end of this month.
Featured image courtesy of Kimpton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees