Katz’s Deli Is Coming to 4 New Cities — So Get Ready to Have What She’s Having
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Katz’s Deli is a New York City institution beloved by both locals and tourists for the past 132 years —and for good reason. Its pastrami sandwiches are second to none, and the knishes are the stuff of legend. Just ask Sally from “When Harry Met Sally.”
The good news is you can now get your fix without having to hop on a plane to the Big Apple, thanks to the deli’s partnership with Uber Eats. From Thursday, Aug. 22, until Sept. 12, you can experience Katz’s Deli in major cities all across the nation: Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago and Boston.
Best of all, if you play your cards right, you might even be able to get it for (mostly) free. More on that in a minute, though.
According to a statement, Uber will deliver the deli’s famous pastrami as a “make-at-home [sandwich] kit” alongside “a best-selling local sandwich” in a single, exclusive delivery by Uber Eats during a so-called roadshow of deli meats.
From Thursday, Aug. 22, to Aug. 25, residents and travelers in Los Angeles can experience Katz’s Deli and a Belcampo sandwich with an Uber Eats delivery featuring the famous Belcampo Burger — made with a half-pound of 28-day, dry-aged Belcampo beef, white cheddar, caramelized onion, house sauce and butter lettuce on a brioche bun — plus the make at home pastrami sandwich kit for $27.
Hungry Chicagoans can try their Katz’s pastrami sandwich alongside a “Chief Beef” (roast beef, sweet corn aioli, charred cabbage, palm sugar vinaigrette) from Aug. 28 through Aug. 31. The deli’s collaboration with Publican Quality Meats will cost you $25.
Come September, Katz’s and Mike & Patty’s in Boston will serve up “The Fancy” egg sandwich, plus the make-at-home pastrami, kit for $21 (available from Sept. 6 to 8). The last stop on the deli tour is Miami where, between Sept. 9 and 12, you’ll be able to order La Carreta’s Famous Cuban Sandwich and the pastrami kit for under $19.
Since Katz’s is partnering with Uber for the pop-up, you can put your $15 monthly credit toward your order if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express. It’s one of the card’s most popular perks. Even though Katz’s pastrami is worth every penny, this benefit will still save you a chunk of change.
If you do ever find yourself at the original Katz’s Deli on the Lower East Side, don’t order your sandwich on white bread with mayo … or worse, forget your ticket. And trust us when we say you’ll definitely want to have what New York is having.
Featured image courtesy of Katz’s Deli.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees