Katz’s Deli Is Coming to 4 New Cities — So Get Ready to Have What She’s Having
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Katz’s Deli is a New York City institution beloved by both locals and tourists for the past 132 years —and for good reason. Its pastrami sandwiches are second to none, and the knishes are the stuff of legend. Just ask Sally from “When Harry Met Sally.”
The good news is you can now get your fix without having to hop on a plane to the Big Apple, thanks to the deli’s partnership with Uber Eats. From Thursday, Aug. 22, until Sept. 12, you can experience Katz’s Deli in major cities all across the nation: Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago and Boston.
Best of all, if you play your cards right, you might even be able to get it for (mostly) free. More on that in a minute, though.
According to a statement, Uber will deliver the deli’s famous pastrami as a “make-at-home [sandwich] kit” alongside “a best-selling local sandwich” in a single, exclusive delivery by Uber Eats during a so-called roadshow of deli meats.
From Thursday, Aug. 22, to Aug. 25, residents and travelers in Los Angeles can experience Katz’s Deli and a Belcampo sandwich with an Uber Eats delivery featuring the famous Belcampo Burger — made with a half-pound of 28-day, dry-aged Belcampo beef, white cheddar, caramelized onion, house sauce and butter lettuce on a brioche bun — plus the make at home pastrami sandwich kit for $27.
Hungry Chicagoans can try their Katz’s pastrami sandwich alongside a “Chief Beef” (roast beef, sweet corn aioli, charred cabbage, palm sugar vinaigrette) from Aug. 28 through Aug. 31. The deli’s collaboration with Publican Quality Meats will cost you $25.
Come September, Katz’s and Mike & Patty’s in Boston will serve up “The Fancy” egg sandwich, plus the make-at-home pastrami, kit for $21 (available from Sept. 6 to 8). The last stop on the deli tour is Miami where, between Sept. 9 and 12, you’ll be able to order La Carreta’s Famous Cuban Sandwich and the pastrami kit for under $19.
Since Katz’s is partnering with Uber for the pop-up, you can put your $15 monthly credit toward your order if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express. It’s one of the card’s most popular perks. Even though Katz’s pastrami is worth every penny, this benefit will still save you a chunk of change.
If you do ever find yourself at the original Katz’s Deli on the Lower East Side, don’t order your sandwich on white bread with mayo … or worse, forget your ticket. And trust us when we say you’ll definitely want to have what New York is having.
Featured image courtesy of Katz’s Deli.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.