TPG Explores Jewish vs. Israeli Culture in New York City
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the latest teaser episode of our series “This Is New York?” TPG Travel Editor Melanie Lieberman and New York-based comedian Dan Fox go over some of the best spots to explore Jewish culture in the Big Apple.
No matter where you’re from, New York City is undeniably one of the biggest cultural hubs for Jewish people in the world. From Crown Heights to South Williamsburg in Brooklyn, to Katz’s Delicatessen and the Tenement Museum in the Lower East Side, there are vast numbers of places steeped in Jewish history throughout the five boroughs.
Which is why next Monday, you can tune in to watch Melanie visit Miriam, a cafe in Brooklyn, to get a taste of authentic Israeli cuisine.
And the week after, Dan will be exploring Jewish culture at Mile End Deli in Boerum Hill, a Montreal-inspired eatery to (hopefully) cook up some old-fashioned matzo ball soup.
Don’t miss out, and subscribe to our channel. L’chaim!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel
- Receive up to $300 back annually as statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of options
- Get 10,000 bonus miles (equal to $100 towards travel) every year, starting on your first anniversary
- Earn unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases
- Unlimited complimentary access for you and two guests to 1,300+ lounges, including Capital One Lounges and the Partner Lounge Network
- Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Use your Venture X miles to easily cover travel expenses, including flights, hotels, rental cars and more—you can even transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs
- Elevate your stay at luxury hotels and resorts from the Premier Collection with a $100 experience credit, daily breakfast for 2 and complimentary WiFi on every booking, plus other premium benefits like room upgrades, early check-in and late checkout when available
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.