How to Get Starbucks Delivered to You for Free
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Coffee in bed has a nice ring to it, don’t you think? Well, what if we said you could get that kind of white glove service (and your favorite caffeinated beverage) for free?
This week, Starbucks announced it was expanding its partnership with Uber Eats. The coffee giant rolled out a pilot program this past winter and, starting in early 2020, you’ll be able to get your venti iced mocha cappuccino with almond milk delivered to you anywhere in the US.
In a statement, Jason Droege, vice president of UberEverything, said, “We’re excited to expand our partnership across the United States to make ordering . . . [a] favorite coffee and breakfast sandwich as easy as requesting a ride.”
The goal with the initial program was to deliver food and drinks within 30 minutes of ordering time, and the company claims the rollout “demonstrated successful operational integration and received positive customer response.”
Basically, the coffee gets delivered before it gets too cold (or your Frappuccino melts).
Here’s where the free part kicks in. If you have the The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’re probably already aware of the up to $200 annual credit you receive for use with the ride-sharing app. Every month, you’ll get a $15 credit (except December, when you receive $35), which is one of the card’s most popular perks.
But those credits aren’t just good for standard Uber rides. You can also put that credit toward orders with Uber Eats. In short: If you have the card, you could use those credits to cover the cost of your coffee and Uber Eats delivery fees.
If you’re a Starbucks aficionado but can’t commit to the Platinum Card (and its admittedly hefty $695 annual fee; see rates & fees) just yet, fear not. Just be sure to check out our rundown on the best cards to use for your Starbucks purchases, so that all of those aforementioned iced mochas are putting you one step closer to your next trip.
Featured image courtesy Omar Lopez/Unsplash.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees