Kansas City Airport Is Building a New $1.5 Billion Terminal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) is gearing up to break ground on a new, $1.5 billion terminal project next week.
The largest infrastructure project in Kansas City history to date, the new terminal will be 1 million square feet and consist of 39 new gates, close-in parking and a two-level curbside pickup and drop-off area. Passengers at MCI have almost tripled since 1972, when the current three terminals were opened. This new single terminal will take the place of the existing three.
The new terminal was designed by the Chicago architectural firmhe new terminal will also feature more post-security amenities. Kansas City officials project that the new terminal will create about 5,000 new jobs.
The terminal will be open to the public in 2023 and will have 39 gates. The dominant carriers at MCI are Southwest and Delta, with Atlanta the top destination.
The official groundbreaking will take place at the
All images courtesy of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee