Jordan drops testing requirements for all travelers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Jordan is the latest Middle Eastern nation to resume international tourism with eased COVID-19 restrictions starting March 1, the country’s tourism board announced last week.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
In addition to the reopening news, the Jordan Tourism Board confirmed via Twitter on Feb. 17 that travelers to Jordan will no longer need to submit any COVID-19 tests to travel, specifically a pre-arrival or upon arrival PCR test.
“Persons recently recovered from COVID-19 who are seeking to travel to Jordan before March 1, 2022, should contact the Jordanian Ministry of Health to confirm whether a waiver of the PCR testing requirement may be available,” according to the U.S. Embassy in Jordan.
The Arab country currently allows vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists alike and both groups are subject to the same entry protocols. Travelers are considered fully vaccinated if 21 days have elapsed since the final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Also starting March 1, travelers who test positive for COVID-19 must quarantine for five days, even if asymptomatic, but individuals in close contact with them would not be subject to quarantine.
Although the guidance listed on the tourism board’s website has yet to be updated with the new protocols effective in March, the organization’s digital director confirmed the new testing rule applies for all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, while all other current regulations will stay in place prior to March 1.
Additionally, all travelers must complete an online declaration form and present the generated QR code, which is mandatory for boarding. All visitors must also show proof of health/travel insurance.
Travel rules, including the newly announced testing rules, do not apply to travelers under the age of 5.
Featured photo by Klas-Herman Lundgren/500px via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees