JetBlue unveils ‘streamers’ tail for new Airbus jet that will take it to London
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The design features waving ribbons in varying shades of blue that is meant to be both celebratory and bring to mind images of ocean waves and the jet stream, JetBlue told staff in an internal communiqué on Tuesday that it shared with TPG. Streamers will adorn the tails of all of the 13 A321LRs it has on order.
The New York-based carrier remains on track to launch flights to London from both Boston Logan (BOS) and New York John F. Kennedy (JFK) by late 2021. JetBlue aims to disrupt the market with a premium but more affordable product, similar to what it did with Mint on U.S. transcontinental routes.
JetBlue executives have said that the airline will also unveil an updated Mint product on the A321LRs for the new London flights. However, they are mum on the details of what that offering will look like.
The airline’s first A321LR is being assembled at Airbus’ facility in Hamburg, Germany, and is due for delivery sometime in early 2021. JetBlue plans to take five A321LRs next year under a revised delivery schedule unveiled in May.
The A321LR is a longer-range variant of the A321neo with a range of roughly 4,700 miles. That is enough for it to comfortably carry a full load of passengers between New York and western European destinations such as Amsterdam, London and Paris.
JetBlue also has firm orders for 13 A321XLRs, which boasts an even longer range than the A321LR. The first XLR is not due until 2023 and will allow the airline to fly even deeper into Europe.
A321neo deliveries cut by 8 airframes.
— Edward Russell (@byerussell) May 7, 2020
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees