This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is adding to the selection of flights that offer its first-class Mint product, the New York-based airline said on Thursday.
As part of an expansion to Palm Springs, the low-cost carrier said it would be adding an additional Saturday flight with Mint service on its New York JFK to Palm Springs (PSP) route during peak travel weekends in January and February 2019. These new Saturday flights with Mint service are in addition to the carrier’s established PSP Mint flights that are set to operate daily during the holiday season between December 20, 2018, and January 3, 2019. The new Saturday Mint flights will replace previous evening and overnight service, operating as daylight flights in both directions.
TPG calls JetBlue’s Mint product “one of the best cabins in the skies.” And TPG‘s Benji Stawski had a “truly amazing experience” when he flew Mint from Los Angeles to Boston last year onboard the airline’s Airbus A321 aircraft. Mint perks include lie-flat seating, a signature cocktail, food menu by New York restaurant Saxon + Parole and amenity kits by Hayward and Hopper.
JetBlue also announced on Thursday that it would be extending its JFK to Palm Springs flying season a month longer than in previous years — through Memorial Day 2019. The carrier is also starting the PSP operations a month earlier, too, launching the route this year on Oct. 10. The route will be operated by the A321, which it says is in response to strong customer demand for the aircraft. The A321s are outfitted with 10-inch IFE screens and power outlets at every seat.
Schedule between New York (JFK) and Palm Springs (PSP)
October 10, 2018 – May 27, 2019
JFK – PSP Flight #149: 5:33 p.m. – 8:46 p.m.
PSP – JFK Flight #150: 9:36 p.m. – 5:31 a.m. (+1)
Daily Mint Schedule between New York (JFK) and Palm Springs (PSP)
December 20, 2018 – January 3, 2019
JFK – PSP Flight #149: 10:55 a.m. – 2:01 p.m.
PSP – JFK Flight #150 3:18 p.m. – 11:18 p.m.
Saturday Mint Schedule between New York (JFK) and Palm Springs (PSP)
January 12, 2019 – February 9, 2019
JFK – PSP Flight #149: 8:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
PSP – JFK Flight #150: 12:35 p.m. – 8:36 p.m.
The airline is also adding a new twice-weekly nonstop service from Boston (BOS) to Palm Springs, beginning February 14, 2019. That route, which is JetBlue’s 70th nonstop, will be operated by the Airbus A320 aircraft.
Monday & Thursday Schedule between Boston (BOS) and Palm Springs (PSP)
February 14, 2019 – April 30, 2019
BOS – PSP Flight #1405: 5:01 p.m. – 8:31 p.m.
PSP – BOS Flight #1406: 9:26 p.m. – 5:30 a.m. (+1)
Featured image by Benji Stawski/TPG.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards