JetBlue Expands Mint Service, Palm Springs Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is adding to the selection of flights that offer its first-class Mint product, the New York-based airline said on Thursday.
As part of an expansion to Palm Springs, the low-cost carrier said it would be adding an additional Saturday flight with Mint service on its New York JFK to Palm Springs (PSP) route during peak travel weekends in January and February 2019. These new Saturday flights with Mint service are in addition to the carrier’s established PSP Mint flights that are set to operate daily during the holiday season between December 20, 2018, and January 3, 2019. The new Saturday Mint flights will replace previous evening and overnight service, operating as daylight flights in both directions.
TPG calls JetBlue’s Mint product “one of the best cabins in the skies.” And TPG‘s Benji Stawski had a “truly amazing experience” when he flew Mint from Los Angeles to Boston last year onboard the airline’s Airbus A321 aircraft. Mint perks include lie-flat seating, a signature cocktail, food menu by New York restaurant Saxon + Parole and amenity kits by Hayward and Hopper.
JetBlue also announced on Thursday that it would be extending its JFK to Palm Springs flying season a month longer than in previous years — through Memorial Day 2019. The carrier is also starting the PSP operations a month earlier, too, launching the route this year on Oct. 10. The route will be operated by the A321, which it says is in response to strong customer demand for the aircraft. The A321s are outfitted with 10-inch IFE screens and power outlets at every seat.
Schedule between New York (JFK) and Palm Springs (PSP)
October 10, 2018 – May 27, 2019
JFK – PSP Flight #149: 5:33 p.m. – 8:46 p.m.
PSP – JFK Flight #150: 9:36 p.m. – 5:31 a.m. (+1)
Daily Mint Schedule between New York (JFK) and Palm Springs (PSP)
December 20, 2018 – January 3, 2019
JFK – PSP Flight #149: 10:55 a.m. – 2:01 p.m.
PSP – JFK Flight #150 3:18 p.m. – 11:18 p.m.
Saturday Mint Schedule between New York (JFK) and Palm Springs (PSP)
January 12, 2019 – February 9, 2019
JFK – PSP Flight #149: 8:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
PSP – JFK Flight #150: 12:35 p.m. – 8:36 p.m.
The airline is also adding a new twice-weekly nonstop service from Boston (BOS) to Palm Springs, beginning February 14, 2019. That route, which is JetBlue’s 70th nonstop, will be operated by the Airbus A320 aircraft.
Monday & Thursday Schedule between Boston (BOS) and Palm Springs (PSP)
February 14, 2019 – April 30, 2019
BOS – PSP Flight #1405: 5:01 p.m. – 8:31 p.m.
PSP – BOS Flight #1406: 9:26 p.m. – 5:30 a.m. (+1)
Featured image by Benji Stawski/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees