JetBlue Goes Full Boston, Unveils Special Celtics Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is showing Boston some love with its latest special livery. On Monday, the New York-based carrier unveiled its Boston Celtics-branded livery — right in time for the team’s run in the NBA Playoffs.
The bright green aircraft signifies JetBlue’s first-ever co-branded livery for an NBA team. The A320 — registration N595JB — was officially unveiled on Monday at Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), where both JetBlue and Celtics executives were in attendance.
Ironically, the green aircraft is branded with the name “Lucky Blue.”
Prior to Monday’s official unveiling, the aircraft had already taken to the skies. On Sunday, N595JB made four trips: Boston (BOS) to Austin (AUS); Austin (AUS) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL); Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Austin (AUS); and Austin (AUS) to Boston (BOS). It made its final landing at Boston at 11:36pm on Sunday, allowing for it to be at the airport just in time for Monday’s official unveiling. You can follow the aircraft on FlightRadar24 to see if you have a shot at flying it.
Why Boston? JetBlue is the largest carrier out of BOS based on the number of flights, customers carried and nonstop destinations served. JetBlue also has special liveries for the Boston Red Sox and New York Jets.
All images by Chad Riley.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.