JetBlue Goes Full Boston, Unveils Special Celtics Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is showing Boston some love with its latest special livery. On Monday, the New York-based carrier unveiled its Boston Celtics-branded livery — right in time for the team’s run in the NBA Playoffs.
The bright green aircraft signifies JetBlue’s first-ever co-branded livery for an NBA team. The A320 — registration N595JB — was officially unveiled on Monday at Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), where both JetBlue and Celtics executives were in attendance.
Ironically, the green aircraft is branded with the name “Lucky Blue.”
Prior to Monday’s official unveiling, the aircraft had already taken to the skies. On Sunday, N595JB made four trips: Boston (BOS) to Austin (AUS); Austin (AUS) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL); Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Austin (AUS); and Austin (AUS) to Boston (BOS). It made its final landing at Boston at 11:36pm on Sunday, allowing for it to be at the airport just in time for Monday’s official unveiling. You can follow the aircraft on FlightRadar24 to see if you have a shot at flying it.
Why Boston? JetBlue is the largest carrier out of BOS based on the number of flights, customers carried and nonstop destinations served. JetBlue also has special liveries for the Boston Red Sox and New York Jets.
All images by Chad Riley.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees