Check to see if you’re targeted to earn up to 40,000 bonus JetBlue TrueBlue points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a JetBlue cardholder, don’t delete your emails just yet.
JetBlue and Barclays are issuing targeted offers for certain cardholders. TPG’s Scott Mayerowitz received an email with some pretty compelling spend offers and the opportunity to earn up to 40,000 bonus TrueBlue points on his JetBlue Plus Card.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter
He was offered — on top of the points he would already be earning on the card — an additional 5 points per dollar spent at grocery stores, drug stores and restaurants, up to 20,000 points, between now and July 31, 2021. And, he was offered an additional 20,000 points for spending $3,000 in purchases on the card between now and July 31.
TPG’s Nick Ewen did not receive an email, but checked his Plus account and received the following offer to earn 3,000 points per month (up to 9,000 points) for every dollar spent in the eligible categories:
So, even if you don’t receive a targeted email be sure to check your account to see what you’re eligible for.
This particular offer isn’t quite as compelling as the up-to-60,000-point targeted offer we saw at the end of 2020, but it’s still worth checking to see if you’ve been targeted. And, unlike last year’s offer, this one does indeed require enrollment — by May 25, 2021, for this offer — in order to be eligible.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, credit card issuers have expanded the ways in which they provide value to their customers, since travel was more or less off-limits for more than a year. Many turned to offering bonuses on grocery store and takeout purchases as well as targeted bonus offers to incentivize customers to continue using their cards despite the downturn in travel.
(Photo by Isabelle Raphael/The Points Guy)
The JetBlue credit cards come with other benefits as well, including:
- Automatic Mosaic status after spending $50,000 in a calendar year
- Spend bonuses
- 10% of redeemed points back
- Free checked bag on Blue fares
- 50% discount on inflight purchases
The information for the JetBlue Plus card and JetBlue Business card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
JetBlue launched a range of cobranded credit cards back in 2016, giving consumers three new products to use to maximize their travels with the airline. The no-fee JetBlue Card is a good product for those just looking to earn TrueBlue points at a steady rate without committing to a credit card with an annual fee.
Related: Review of the JetBlue Plus Card
If you’re willing to pay a $99 annual fee, both the JetBlue Plus Card and the JetBlue Business Card are great alternatives that rack up points quickly and offer some day-of travel perks as well.
For more information on the JetBlue TrueBlue program and how to redeem your JetBlue points, see the following posts: how to earn JetBlue points, how to redeem one million JetBlue points and the value of JetBlue elite status in 2020. Also, be sure to compare these offers with the other top airline credit cards and the best business credit cards.
These targeted spending bonuses are pretty solid if you’re a JetBlue flyer and regularly get value out of your credit card. And, if you’ve had your eye on the airline’s upcoming flights across the Pond, there’s no better time to be earning extra TrueBlue points.
Featured photo courtesy of JetBlue Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees