Jabbrrbox Workspace Pods Expand to Oakland International Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers passing through Oakland International Airport (OAK) can now access new private workspace pods. The pods are designed and operated by the tech startup Jabbrrbox. Jabbrrbox originally offered its private work pods to companies and individual clients, however, has since expanded to airports and public spaces.
Oakland International Airport is Jabbrrbox’s 5th airport to feature the private work pods. The Bay Area airport features two Jabbrrbox private work pods both located in Terminal 2 near gate 25. Prices start at $15 for 30 minutes.
Each Jabbrrbox can be reserved in 30-minute increments starting a $15 for the first half-hour. Reservations are handled via a touch panel on the outside of the pod. To reserve a pod, customers provide their phone number and a method of payment. In return, the customer receives a code to unlock the pod. Inside each pod is a large LCD touch screen that features flight and airport information, lighting controls, Wi-Fi details and a photo booth. Each Jabbrrbox also features multiple AC and USB power outlets.
TPG reviewed Jabbrrbox at New York LaGuardia in December 2018. Overall, the private work pods were well received with the only major complaint related to pod comfort and climate controls, or rather the lack thereof. Additionally, while intended to serve as a workspace, the private pods can also function as the perfect place to relax before a flight.
Jabbrrbox has not officially confirmed the next airport to receive its work pods. The company is asking for visitors to vote on its website on which airport they would like to see be next up. In addition to Oakland International Airport, Jabbrrbox work pods can be found at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport (CVG), New York-LaGuardia, New York-JFK, and Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT).
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image of Jabbrrbox pods at LaGuardia Airport by Max Prosperi / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees