Iberia’s App Will Now Tell You If Your Bag Is Too Big to Carry On
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good news if you’re on the fence of knowing whether your carry-on bag is too big. Spanish carrier Iberia announced additional functionality for its app, which allows passengers to ensure their hand luggage fits within allowed measurements before they even arrive at the airport.
This functionality removes any uncertainty about whether the bag will be permitted for boarding based on its dimensions. The new app functionality uses augmented technology to determine the exact dimensions of the bag, advising the passenger ahead of time if the bag will need to be checked in. The app does not weigh the bag, which is fine for Iberia flights, as the carrier doesn’t impose weight restrictions on hand luggage (only size restrictions).
Other improvements to the Iberia app include:
- The ability to hold reservations for up to 72 hours for a minimal fee, which is refunded when the passenger proceeds with the booking.
- A press reader, with 7,000 publications for passengers to read on their flight.
- Credit and debit card scanning technology to save passengers from entering their information each time they pay for something within the app.
This follows Dutch carrier KLM, which introduced similar technology last year.
Featured image by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.