Iberia’s App Will Now Tell You If Your Bag Is Too Big to Carry On
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good news if you’re on the fence of knowing whether your carry-on bag is too big. Spanish carrier Iberia announced additional functionality for its app, which allows passengers to ensure their hand luggage fits within allowed measurements before they even arrive at the airport.
This functionality removes any uncertainty about whether the bag will be permitted for boarding based on its dimensions. The new app functionality uses augmented technology to determine the exact dimensions of the bag, advising the passenger ahead of time if the bag will need to be checked in. The app does not weigh the bag, which is fine for Iberia flights, as the carrier doesn’t impose weight restrictions on hand luggage (only size restrictions).
Other improvements to the Iberia app include:
- The ability to hold reservations for up to 72 hours for a minimal fee, which is refunded when the passenger proceeds with the booking.
- A press reader, with 7,000 publications for passengers to read on their flight.
- Credit and debit card scanning technology to save passengers from entering their information each time they pay for something within the app.
This follows Dutch carrier KLM, which introduced similar technology last year.
Featured image by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees