This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Iberia took delivery of its first Airbus A350 in June and placed it on the New York (JFK) – Madrid (MAD) route in August. Today, the airline is announcing that it’s adding the new aircraft to its Chicago service.
Starting in May 2019, Iberia will fly its A350 nonstop between Chicago (ORD) to Madrid. It also announced it will fly the aircraft between Buenos Aries (EZE) and Madrid in February 2019.
The Spanish airline has ordered 16 A350-900s and have already received two from Airbus, it will take delivery of three of them in 2019 and the remaining through 2021. The jet is known for its increased fuel efficiency and upgrades to passenger experience like a more spacious cabin and better overhead storage. The jet will bring down the average age of Iberia’s long-haul fleet that includes older Airbus A340-600s.
The aircraft contains a business class cabin with 31 lie-flat seats in 1-2-1 formation.
You’ll find 24 seats in premium economy in a 2-4-2 layout and 293 in coach in a comfortable 3-3-3 configuration.
The airline also announced it would be increasing service to the Latin American cities of Lima, Montevideo, Quito and Rio de Janeiro.
If you want to check out the new long-haul aircraft, you can use a variety of miles on the Oneworld carrier including American miles and British Airways or Iberia Avios. One-way in business will run you 57,500 American in miles in taxes and fees or 30,000 miles in economy.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards