Iberia Will Bring Its New Airbus A350 to Chicago
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Iberia took delivery of its first Airbus A350 in June and placed it on the New York (JFK) – Madrid (MAD) route in August. Today, the airline is announcing that it’s adding the new aircraft to its Chicago service.
Starting in May 2019, Iberia will fly its A350 nonstop between Chicago (ORD) to Madrid. It also announced it will fly the aircraft between Buenos Aries (EZE) and Madrid in February 2019.
The Spanish airline has ordered 16 A350-900s and have already received two from Airbus, it will take delivery of three of them in 2019 and the remaining through 2021. The jet is known for its increased fuel efficiency and upgrades to passenger experience like a more spacious cabin and better overhead storage. The jet will bring down the average age of Iberia’s long-haul fleet that includes older Airbus A340-600s.
The aircraft contains a business class cabin with 31 lie-flat seats in 1-2-1 formation.
You’ll find 24 seats in premium economy in a 2-4-2 layout and 293 in coach in a comfortable 3-3-3 configuration.
The airline also announced it would be increasing service to the Latin American cities of Lima, Montevideo, Quito and Rio de Janeiro.
If you want to check out the new long-haul aircraft, you can use a variety of miles on the Oneworld carrier including American miles and British Airways or Iberia Avios. One-way in business will run you 57,500 American in miles in taxes and fees or 30,000 miles in economy.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees