Hyatt Place Rolls out Early Check-In For All Members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spend enough nights traveling, and you’re bound to come across times when you need to check-in to a hotel early. This is generally something hotels don’t accommodate on a regular basis. Too frequently, the message I hear is, “check with us on the day of arrival.” Hyatt is looking to change that with its Hyatt Place hotels.
Hyatt Place hotels across the world will offer an early check-in benefit to its members, starting immediately. Some elite members will receive the benefit for free while others will pay a nominal fee to access the benefit:
- World of Hyatt Globalists and Explorists can reserve 9am or 12pm early check-in for free
- World of Hyatt Discoverists and Members can reserve 9am or 12pm early check-in for a fee, starting from $10 USD, pricing varying by location
Prices will vary by market and can be as high as $50. As you can imagine, early check-in will be subject to availability. There are multiple ways to request early check-in:
- When booking on Hyatt.com within 7 days of arrival
- Within the Hyatt mobile app within 7 days of arrival for an existing booking
- Via a link in a pre-arrival e-mail from the hotel a few days before check-in
- By contacting the hotel directly within 7 days of arrival
Hyatt has confirmed to us that, once fully rolled out, all 330 Hyatt Place hotels in 20 countries worldwide will be participating in this new initiative. It’s still too early to gauge the availability at various properties. At TPG, we spend plenty of time on the road and will report back as we have the chance to test the availability at various Hyatt Place hotels.
Hyatt Place is also adding a late check-out benefit for members of World of Hyatt that don’t have elite status. They’ll be able to request a 2pm check-out starting at a price of $10 if confirmed.
The Bottom Line
How individual properties handle this new benefit will tell the tale on how valuable it is. For years, Starwood Preferred Guest maintained a benefit entitled Your24. That benefit (now reserved for Marriott Ambassador Elite members) allowed members to request an earlier check-in time with hotels. It, too, was subject to availability. Customer experiences were mixed with Your24 at Starwood Preferred Guest, lowering the potential value of this benefit.
Hyatt is only rolling this out at Hyatt Place hotels, not the full system. That being said, the ability to confirm an early check-in ahead of time will come as a welcome benefit for weary travelers arriving on a red-eye flight at their destination with a Hyatt Place stay. We’re betting $10 will be a steal for those subject to the fee if they’re able to score a nap or a shower.
Featured photo courtesy of the Hyatt Place Jacksonville / St. Johns Town Center.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees