Hyatt Place Rolls out Early Check-In For All Members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spend enough nights traveling, and you’re bound to come across times when you need to check-in to a hotel early. This is generally something hotels don’t accommodate on a regular basis. Too frequently, the message I hear is, “check with us on the day of arrival.” Hyatt is looking to change that with its Hyatt Place hotels.
Hyatt Place hotels across the world will offer an early check-in benefit to its members, starting immediately. Some elite members will receive the benefit for free while others will pay a nominal fee to access the benefit:
- World of Hyatt Globalists and Explorists can reserve 9am or 12pm early check-in for free
- World of Hyatt Discoverists and Members can reserve 9am or 12pm early check-in for a fee, starting from $10 USD, pricing varying by location
Prices will vary by market and can be as high as $50. As you can imagine, early check-in will be subject to availability. There are multiple ways to request early check-in:
- When booking on Hyatt.com within 7 days of arrival
- Within the Hyatt mobile app within 7 days of arrival for an existing booking
- Via a link in a pre-arrival e-mail from the hotel a few days before check-in
- By contacting the hotel directly within 7 days of arrival
Hyatt has confirmed to us that, once fully rolled out, all 330 Hyatt Place hotels in 20 countries worldwide will be participating in this new initiative. It’s still too early to gauge the availability at various properties. At TPG, we spend plenty of time on the road and will report back as we have the chance to test the availability at various Hyatt Place hotels.
Hyatt Place is also adding a late check-out benefit for members of World of Hyatt that don’t have elite status. They’ll be able to request a 2pm check-out starting at a price of $10 if confirmed.
The Bottom Line
How individual properties handle this new benefit will tell the tale on how valuable it is. For years, Starwood Preferred Guest maintained a benefit entitled Your24. That benefit (now reserved for Marriott Ambassador Elite members) allowed members to request an earlier check-in time with hotels. It, too, was subject to availability. Customer experiences were mixed with Your24 at Starwood Preferred Guest, lowering the potential value of this benefit.
Hyatt is only rolling this out at Hyatt Place hotels, not the full system. That being said, the ability to confirm an early check-in ahead of time will come as a welcome benefit for weary travelers arriving on a red-eye flight at their destination with a Hyatt Place stay. We’re betting $10 will be a steal for those subject to the fee if they’re able to score a nap or a shower.
Featured photo courtesy of the Hyatt Place Jacksonville / St. Johns Town Center.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.