A top Napa Valley hotel is joining World of Hyatt
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Napa, California, and the surrounding area has been a popular destination for years — especially among fans of good wine and anyone looking for a relaxing trip to a beautiful part of the country.
There’s no shortage of points hotels in the area, but one of the best among them is soon joining the World of Hyatt program, an exciting development for Hyatt loyalists and anyone who has a stash of Chase Ultimate Rewards points at their disposal.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
As reported by One Mile at a Time, the former Las Alcobas, which was part of Marriott’s Luxury Collection brand, will soon be reborn as the Alila Napa Valley. As soon as the property reopens as an Alila (it’s scheduled to do so on March 15, 2021), it will be the third Alila-branded property in the United States. The other two are the Alila Ventana Big Sur and the soon-to-open Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, near San Diego.
TPG’s Zach Griff reviewed the property when it was part of the Marriott family in 2019 and enjoyed his stay. It’s unclear at this point whether there will be major changes to the physical aspect of the property when it reopens under Hyatt.
We do know, however, that the property will be a Category 7 World of Hyatt hotel, meaning each free night will cost 30,000 points. And with cash rates often being on the high side, it looks like you should be able to get great value for those points. Unlike award bookings with Marriott, Hyatt waives resort fees for all its members booking on points. And, remember that top-tier Globalist members get valuable perks like confirmed suite upgrades at booking, free breakfast daily and more.
It’s relatively easy to accrue World of Hyatt points since the program is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards. Points earned from cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, which is currently offering a welcome bonus of 80,000 points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening, can be transferred into Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio allowing you to quickly build up your points balance.
Rooms are bookable right now, with award nights available at 30,000 points for a room with one king bed or two queen beds and a balcony. Cash rates for March are hovering between $500 and $600 per night.
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.