A top Napa Valley hotel is joining World of Hyatt
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Napa, California, and the surrounding area has been a popular destination for years — especially among fans of good wine and anyone looking for a relaxing trip to a beautiful part of the country.
There’s no shortage of points hotels in the area, but one of the best among them is soon joining the World of Hyatt program, an exciting development for Hyatt loyalists and anyone who has a stash of Chase Ultimate Rewards points at their disposal.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
As reported by One Mile at a Time, the former Las Alcobas, which was part of Marriott’s Luxury Collection brand, will soon be reborn as the Alila Napa Valley. As soon as the property reopens as an Alila (it’s scheduled to do so on March 15, 2021), it will be the third Alila-branded property in the United States. The other two are the Alila Ventana Big Sur and the soon-to-open Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, near San Diego.
TPG’s Zach Griff reviewed the property when it was part of the Marriott family in 2019 and enjoyed his stay. It’s unclear at this point whether there will be major changes to the physical aspect of the property when it reopens under Hyatt.
We do know, however, that the property will be a Category 7 World of Hyatt hotel, meaning each free night will cost 30,000 points. And with cash rates often being on the high side, it looks like you should be able to get great value for those points. Unlike award bookings with Marriott, Hyatt waives resort fees for all its members booking on points. And, remember that top-tier Globalist members get valuable perks like confirmed suite upgrades at booking, free breakfast daily and more.
It’s relatively easy to accrue World of Hyatt points since the program is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards. Points earned from cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, which is currently offering a welcome bonus of 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening, can be transferred into Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio allowing you to quickly build up your points balance.
Rooms are bookable right now, with award nights available at 30,000 points for a room with one king bed or two queen beds and a balcony. Cash rates for March are hovering between $500 and $600 per night.
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees