These Hotels Want to Revolutionize How You Put on Sunscreen
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Everyone would agree that applying sunscreen is one of the most tedious tasks we face when on vacation, aside from waiting in airport lines, making it through monotonously long flights, retrieving endlessly-delayed luggage, searching for transportation in strange cities and getting up at the crack of dawn to make sure you snag one of the coveted spots by the pool. Not only that, but we often miss important parts of their bodies when doing so.
However, there’s a New York-based startup that’s trying to change that. SnappyScreen has come up with a revolutionary solution — an SPF spray booth. Think of a spray-tan booth, but with sunscreen instead.
Using the booth is as simple as two taps on a screen. All you need to do is indicate your height range and which type of paraben-free sunscreen you’d like applied (SPF 15, 30, or 40), and in just 10 seconds you’ll have mess-free, head-to-toe coverage. There’s no more asking acquaintances (or complete strangers) to rub sunscreen on your back or trusting pills that falsely advertise to keep you safe from sunburns. Plus, you may score some insta-worthy Boomerangs while you’re in the booth.
The booths are already available at 10 hotels and resorts in the US, Mexico and the Caribbean, including the Andaz Mayakoba in the Riviera Maya, the Aruba Marriott Resort and the Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas. And SnappyScreen isn’t slowing down — the company says there are 50 more locations on a waiting list expecting delivery this year, and a handful of additional orders to be announced next year. Hotels that have always provided complimentary sunscreen are offering this amenity for free, while others charge $5 per application.
SnappyScreen’s CEO Kristen McClellan founded the company while studying at Cornell University after seeing how bad her sister was at applying sunscreen on a family vacation and growing tired of doing it herself. The company makes most of its profits by selling the sunscreen refill cartridges, but McClellan isn’t out to just make money. A portion of the company’s profits are donated to the programs that educate in the prevention and early detection of skin cancer.
H/T: Bloomberg News
Featured image courtesy of SnappyScreen.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees