Hilton’s new Maldives resort opens at the end of 2021 — and each room has a private pool
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s no shortage of luxury hotels in the Maldives, and Hilton Hotels already has several properties in the South Asia archipelago.
Now, it’s preparing to open another property.
Hilton announced on June 17 that the Hilton Maldives Amingiri would open to guests at the end of 2021. The hotel will feature 109 rooms — all beach or water villas. Each villa will have a private pool and the resort will also feature a pool, spa and fitness center. The hotel is located on Amingiri Island and is a 15-minute speedboat ride from Male (MLE) Airport.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“The Maldives remains one of the world’s most highly sought-after destinations and the signing of Hilton Maldives Amingiri reflects the excellent growth potential we see in the market,” Guy Phillips, a Hilton senior vice president, said in a statement.
Philips went on to say that the resort would place Hilton “at the top of mind for leisure travelers when it is safe to travel again.”
The Maldives is at the top of many travelers’ bucket lists, and for good reason: The crystal clear azure waters and overwater bungalows are often considered the epitome of paradise. But it’s also one of the most exclusive destinations on the planet, and getting (and staying) there can be pricey — whether you’re paying in cash or using points.
Hilton already has several hotels in the Maldives: Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island and SAii Lagoon Maldives. Hilton’s new Amingiri will also have to compete with other major hotel chains, including Marriott (which has six hotels in the Maldives and is opening a seventh in September). Hyatt has one, the Category 7 Park Hyatt Maldives, and IHG has three: the InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort, the Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives and Six Senses Laamu.
Cash and points rates for the Hilton Maldives Amingiri have not yet been published, but the property seems to be targeting family travelers with both an on-site kid’s club as well as a “teens only” area with a rooftop deck and bar. If it gives you an idea of what prices could be like, the Waldorf Astoria has rooms for more than $2,000 a night in August.
Featured photo of the Hilton Maldives Amingiri by Hilton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees