This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Advertisements for hotel chains — and more specifically, loyalty programs — are nothing new. For Hilton in particular, the focus on advertising has been on its properties and offerings. However, Hilton’s now going the route of celebrity spokesperson in order to get its message to the consumer.
In Hilton’s latest “Expect Better” campaign, the company is turning to Anna Kendrick to get its point across. “Using humor, consumer insights, and the multi-generational appeal of celebrity Anna Kendrick, Hilton will debut a new campaign tomorrow aimed at directly addressing the frustrations consumers face when booking their hotel stay,” Hilton said in a press release.
In doing research for the campaign, Hilton said that it found that customers wanted more flexibility, better perks and on-property experiences.
In the campaign, Hilton’s highlighting its existing Best Price Guarantee, which offers a lower price and an additional 25% off if you find a lower booking rate — as long as it was made directly through an official Hilton channel.
The new campaign will launch during the 2018 Ryder Cup this weekend.
Celebrity ad campaigns aren’t anything new for travel and credit card companies. Capital One has long partnered with celebrities like Samuel L. Jackson and Jennifer Garner for its ads.
Featured image by Matthew Eisman / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards