Hilton Announces First-Ever Celebrity-Driven Ad Campaign
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Advertisements for hotel chains — and more specifically, loyalty programs — are nothing new. For Hilton in particular, the focus on advertising has been on its properties and offerings. However, Hilton’s now going the route of celebrity spokesperson in order to get its message to the consumer.
In Hilton’s latest “Expect Better” campaign, the company is turning to Anna Kendrick to get its point across. “Using humor, consumer insights, and the multi-generational appeal of celebrity Anna Kendrick, Hilton will debut a new campaign tomorrow aimed at directly addressing the frustrations consumers face when booking their hotel stay,” Hilton said in a press release.
In doing research for the campaign, Hilton said that it found that customers wanted more flexibility, better perks and on-property experiences.
In the campaign, Hilton’s highlighting its existing Best Price Guarantee, which offers a lower price and an additional 25% off if you find a lower booking rate — as long as it was made directly through an official Hilton channel.
The new campaign will launch during the 2018 Ryder Cup this weekend.
Celebrity ad campaigns aren’t anything new for travel and credit card companies. Capital One has long partnered with celebrities like Samuel L. Jackson and Jennifer Garner for its ads.
Featured image by Matthew Eisman / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees