Hilton Announces First-Ever Celebrity-Driven Ad Campaign
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Advertisements for hotel chains — and more specifically, loyalty programs — are nothing new. For Hilton in particular, the focus on advertising has been on its properties and offerings. However, Hilton’s now going the route of celebrity spokesperson in order to get its message to the consumer.
In Hilton’s latest “Expect Better” campaign, the company is turning to Anna Kendrick to get its point across. “Using humor, consumer insights, and the multi-generational appeal of celebrity Anna Kendrick, Hilton will debut a new campaign tomorrow aimed at directly addressing the frustrations consumers face when booking their hotel stay,” Hilton said in a press release.
In doing research for the campaign, Hilton said that it found that customers wanted more flexibility, better perks and on-property experiences.
In the campaign, Hilton’s highlighting its existing Best Price Guarantee, which offers a lower price and an additional 25% off if you find a lower booking rate — as long as it was made directly through an official Hilton channel.
The new campaign will launch during the 2018 Ryder Cup this weekend.
Celebrity ad campaigns aren’t anything new for travel and credit card companies. Capital One has long partnered with celebrities like Samuel L. Jackson and Jennifer Garner for its ads.
Featured image by Matthew Eisman / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.