Fast track now open for IHG elite status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Interested in earning IHG Platinum Elite status? IHG Rewards Club just launched a new fast track opportunity available for registrations before Aug. 31, 2021. This fast track promotion allows members to earn Platinum status after just five nights within 90 days. To qualify, you can stay at any IHG Global Brands, including Intercontinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here.
Here is the breakdown:
- Stay 5 nights within 90 days of registration to earn Platinum Elite status until December 2022
- Stay 2 nights within 90 days of registration to earn Gold Elite status until December 2022
If you have two or more IHG stays coming up, signing up for this promotion is definitely worthwhile. Just keep in mind the following stipulations:
- You have to register before checking into your first eligible stay
- This promotion is valid for stays between March 8, 2021 and Nov. 29, 2021
- Members will only be awarded status for nights occurring within this period
- The nightly rate needs to be at least $30 and award nights don’t qualify
- This offer can be combined with current IHG promotions
Before jumping on the opportunity, see if the IHG Platinum Elite benefits are a good fit for your travel habits. Some of the key benefits of this status include late check-out for all brands, priority check-in, space-available upgrades, guaranteed availability and a welcome amenity as determined by each brand.
Some downsides to the Platinum Elite status are a lack of breakfast benefits and sometimes the upgrades are marginal.
If you prefer to skip the promotion requirements, you can always become an IHG Platinum Elite status by opening the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card.
Featured image fo the Kimpton Armory Bozeman by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees