Fast track now open for IHG elite status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Interested in earning IHG Platinum Elite status? IHG Rewards Club just launched a new fast track opportunity available for registrations before Aug. 31, 2021. This fast track promotion allows members to earn Platinum status after just five nights within 90 days. To qualify, you can stay at any IHG Global Brands, including Intercontinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here.
Here is the breakdown:
- Stay 5 nights within 90 days of registration to earn Platinum Elite status until December 2022
- Stay 2 nights within 90 days of registration to earn Gold Elite status until December 2022
If you have two or more IHG stays coming up, signing up for this promotion is definitely worthwhile. Just keep in mind the following stipulations:
- You have to register before checking into your first eligible stay
- This promotion is valid for stays between March 8, 2021 and Nov. 29, 2021
- Members will only be awarded status for nights occurring within this period
- The nightly rate needs to be at least $30 and award nights don’t qualify
- This offer can be combined with current IHG promotions
Before jumping on the opportunity, see if the IHG Platinum Elite benefits are a good fit for your travel habits. Some of the key benefits of this status include late check-out for all brands, priority check-in, space-available upgrades, guaranteed availability and a welcome amenity as determined by each brand.
Some downsides to the Platinum Elite status are a lack of breakfast benefits and sometimes the upgrades are marginal.
If you prefer to skip the promotion requirements, you can always become an IHG Platinum Elite status by opening the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card.
Featured image fo the Kimpton Armory Bozeman by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.