There’s a lost unicorn at Heathrow Airport — help us find its home
OK, internet: Do your thing.
Last night, an adorable unicorn was found stranded at London Heathrow Airport (LHR) in Terminal 2, and we’re trying to find its home.
According to editor and journalist Sarah Doran, the lost and found was closed when the unicorn was discovered at the airport, so the well-loved plush animal is safe and sound in a “temporary London home.”
That’s when some 20.8K people of the Internet (that’s you!) began sharing the story in the hopes of making some magic happen and reuniting the lost unicorn with its owner.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As of publication time, the owner still has not been found.
So, here’s where you come in. Share this article on your Facebook feed, Twitter, Instagram, MySpace, Friendster (we won’t judge … mostly) or whatever social platforms you use regularly to get the word out.
This certainly wouldn’t be the first instance of the internet helping travelers find prized possessions lost at airports.
Last November, a man lost his special necklace at Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). And in July, Norfolk International Airport (ORF) also tried to reunite a lost stuffed animal, named Cookie Dough, with its owner — but before she was returned, airport police took her on an adorable adventure.
Manchester Airport (MAN) also worked to reunite a floppy-eared plush toy with its owner last year.
We’re counting on you all — no pressure.
Featured image courtesy of Manuela Galizia/EyeEm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees