A Girl’s Missing Stuffed Animal Went on an Adventure With Norfolk Airport Police
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An 8-year-old girl realized she left her favorite stuffed animal at the Norfolk International Airport (ORF), and when it was returned to her by airport police, she got to see all of the adventures the plush puppy Cookie Dough went on while out of her care.
Owner of Cookie Dough, August “Gussie” Bridges, was upset a week ago when she noticed that the stuffed animal had gone missing after leaving it on a table in the airport terminal. Her mother Kelly called the airport to see if they could retrieve it. Kelly later got a call back, telling her that the search was successful: airport police had found Cookie Dough safe and sound.
Not only had they found the stuffed animal, but they took it on an adventure of a lifetime — Flat Stanley style. The police at Norfolk allowed Cookie Dough to do everything the airport has to offer for stuffed animals: dress in full firefighter gear, drive on the airport runway, practice as a Southwest ticket agent and watch the planes come and go. They compiled all of the images of Cookie Dough having the time of its life into a booklet with sweet captions like, “I’m having so much fun… but I still miss you so much,” for owner Gussie.
Kelly Brides posted about the experience on Facebook saying, “I about cried,” when she saw the book.
In May, the Manchester Airport (MAN) set out on a search to help find the owner of a stuffed animal left in its terminals.
Featured image by Caiaimage/Agnieszka Olek / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees