This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An 8-year-old girl realized she left her favorite stuffed animal at the Norfolk International Airport (ORF), and when it was returned to her by airport police, she got to see all of the adventures the plush puppy Cookie Dough went on while out of her care.
Owner of Cookie Dough, August “Gussie” Bridges, was upset a week ago when she noticed that the stuffed animal had gone missing after leaving it on a table in the airport terminal. Her mother Kelly called the airport to see if they could retrieve it. Kelly later got a call back, telling her that the search was successful: airport police had found Cookie Dough safe and sound.
Not only had they found the stuffed animal, but they took it on an adventure of a lifetime — Flat Stanley style. The police at Norfolk allowed Cookie Dough to do everything the airport has to offer for stuffed animals: dress in full firefighter gear, drive on the airport runway, practice as a Southwest ticket agent and watch the planes come and go. They compiled all of the images of Cookie Dough having the time of its life into a booklet with sweet captions like, “I’m having so much fun… but I still miss you so much,” for owner Gussie.
Kelly Brides posted about the experience on Facebook saying, “I about cried,” when she saw the book.
In May, the Manchester Airport (MAN) set out on a search to help find the owner of a stuffed animal left in its terminals.
Featured image by Caiaimage/Agnieszka Olek / Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards