A Girl’s Missing Stuffed Animal Went on an Adventure With Norfolk Airport Police
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An 8-year-old girl realized she left her favorite stuffed animal at the Norfolk International Airport (ORF), and when it was returned to her by airport police, she got to see all of the adventures the plush puppy Cookie Dough went on while out of her care.
Owner of Cookie Dough, August “Gussie” Bridges, was upset a week ago when she noticed that the stuffed animal had gone missing after leaving it on a table in the airport terminal. Her mother Kelly called the airport to see if they could retrieve it. Kelly later got a call back, telling her that the search was successful: airport police had found Cookie Dough safe and sound.
Not only had they found the stuffed animal, but they took it on an adventure of a lifetime — Flat Stanley style. The police at Norfolk allowed Cookie Dough to do everything the airport has to offer for stuffed animals: dress in full firefighter gear, drive on the airport runway, practice as a Southwest ticket agent and watch the planes come and go. They compiled all of the images of Cookie Dough having the time of its life into a booklet with sweet captions like, “I’m having so much fun… but I still miss you so much,” for owner Gussie.
Kelly Brides posted about the experience on Facebook saying, “I about cried,” when she saw the book.
In May, the Manchester Airport (MAN) set out on a search to help find the owner of a stuffed animal left in its terminals.
Featured image by Caiaimage/Agnieszka Olek / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.