This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An 8-year-old girl realized she left her favorite stuffed animal at the Norfolk International Airport (ORF), and when it was returned to her by airport police, she got to see all of the adventures the plush puppy Cookie Dough went on while out of her care.
Owner of Cookie Dough, August “Gussie” Bridges, was upset a week ago when she noticed that the stuffed animal had gone missing after leaving it on a table in the airport terminal. Her mother Kelly called the airport to see if they could retrieve it. Kelly later got a call back, telling her that the search was successful: airport police had found Cookie Dough safe and sound.
Not only had they found the stuffed animal, but they took it on an adventure of a lifetime — Flat Stanley style. The police at Norfolk allowed Cookie Dough to do everything the airport has to offer for stuffed animals: dress in full firefighter gear, drive on the airport runway, practice as a Southwest ticket agent and watch the planes come and go. They compiled all of the images of Cookie Dough having the time of its life into a booklet with sweet captions like, “I’m having so much fun… but I still miss you so much,” for owner Gussie.
Kelly Brides posted about the experience on Facebook saying, “I about cried,” when she saw the book.
In May, the Manchester Airport (MAN) set out on a search to help find the owner of a stuffed animal left in its terminals.
Featured image by Caiaimage/Agnieszka Olek / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees