Help This Man Locate the Owner of a Special Necklace Found at Houston Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Losing a piece a jewelry of sentimental value could be heartbreaking for anyone. So, we can only imagine how the owner of this priceless necklace is feeling.
In Dec. 2017, a man found an interesting looking necklace with a cylinder pendant at Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). After his daughter, Melanie Rivera, recently heard about his find, she researched the necklace and realized that the pendant was actually a tiny urn filled with ashes of a loved one. Now, nearly a year after her father found the piece of jewelry, Rivera is on a mission to return the pendant to the rightful owner.
Rivera told KPRC2 Houston that her dad discovered the necklace in a small bag outside a restroom near Gate B. She said “He wanted to look, you know, for the people, but he didn’t know how. So finally he told me, and I have social media, so I was reaching out to people.”
The small cylinder has a diamond on the top and has the words “only love” engraved along the side.
Even though it’s been a year since the necklace was lost, Rivera is confident the owner will still want to be reunited with such an important memento. “They could be anywhere. I’m hoping that word gets around,” Rivera said.
With the sharing power of TPG readers, we can hopefully help Rivera locate the owner of this special necklace.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees