Help This Man Locate the Owner of a Special Necklace Found at Houston Airport
Losing a piece a jewelry of sentimental value could be heartbreaking for anyone. So, we can only imagine how the owner of this priceless necklace is feeling.
In Dec. 2017, a man found an interesting looking necklace with a cylinder pendant at Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). After his daughter, Melanie Rivera, recently heard about his find, she researched the necklace and realized that the pendant was actually a tiny urn filled with ashes of a loved one. Now, nearly a year after her father found the piece of jewelry, Rivera is on a mission to return the pendant to the rightful owner.
Rivera told KPRC2 Houston that her dad discovered the necklace in a small bag outside a restroom near Gate B. She said “He wanted to look, you know, for the people, but he didn’t know how. So finally he told me, and I have social media, so I was reaching out to people.”
The small cylinder has a diamond on the top and has the words “only love” engraved along the side.
Even though it’s been a year since the necklace was lost, Rivera is confident the owner will still want to be reunited with such an important memento. “They could be anywhere. I’m hoping that word gets around,” Rivera said.
With the sharing power of TPG readers, we can hopefully help Rivera locate the owner of this special necklace.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.