Help Find This Couple Who Took the Perfect Engagement Photo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Photographer Matthew Dippel was minding his own business at Taft Point in Yosemite National Park when the chance to take what might be the engagement photo of every couple’s dreams fell into his lap.
Originally, Dippel was attempting to take a picture of his friend in front of the cliff. However, his agenda quickly changed when he saw the couple in the background assume proposal position. According to Dippel, the two were hugging and appeared very excited — so it looked like it went well. Yet, despite being deceptively from the newly engaged couple (about a two-minute walk, says Dippel) he couldn’t catch up to them in time.
Featured image by Matthew Dippel
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.