Hawaiian Airlines Unveils New 787 Business Class With Double-Bed Suites
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hawaiian Airlines announced on Tuesday its new business-class product, to be installed on its 10 forthcoming Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners arriving in the fleet from 2021.
Only two pictures of the seat have so far been revealed, but show a 1-2-1 configuration with middle seats that turn into a double bed, in a similar way to Qatar Airways award winning QSuites. Hawaii is a popular destination especially for honeymoons, and this would be a great option for couples traveling together.
Adient Aerospace, the seat’s manufacturer, told TPG at the Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg that the seats feature a sliding door, turning them into a suite. The double bed will have a small divider between the two seats so it won’t be a true double bed, as the mattress pads will not touch each other, and the seats will be slightly angled out, rather than facing directly straight ahead.
The Ascent Seating System seat is the first by Adient Aerospace, a joint venture between Boeing and Adient, which traditionally manufactures automotive seating. The seat has been specifically designed for the Boeing 787, with Hawaiian Airlines as the launch customer.
The images show the base model, which Hawaiian will customize. Adient says the color and fabric Hawaiian ultimately chooses are likely to be quite different, to suit a more tropical image.
While Adient has a large exhibit at the Hamburg event to showcase the seat, the company has taken the unusual step of having the contents of the stand completely obscured from view, and only inviting potential customers to view and test the seat, rather than any media.
The official images look like a huge step up from the existing Hawaiian Airlines A330 business/domestic first class product.
“We couldn’t be more pleased for Adient Aerospace and Collins Aerospace to join us in creating a distinctively Hawaiian cabin experience in our future flagship aircraft,” Avi Mannis, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Hawaiian Airlines, said.
Hawaiian’s 787 main cabin will feature the Aspire seat from Collins Aerospace.
Featured image courtesy of Adient Aerospace
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees