Happy Pride! Here’s all we’re doing at The Points Guy to celebrate Pride Month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s one of our favorite times of year for us here at The Points Guy — Pride Month!
Diversity and inclusion is a core part of the TPG brand, and we always go out of our way during June to celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community.
TPG has partnered with nonprofit Rainbow Railroad for years to rescue LGBTQIA+ individuals, and we are intensifying those efforts this year.
In fact, we will have a major announcement to tell you about: Brian Kelly and The Points Guy team are matching donations up to $100,000 to Rainbow Railroad! Go to this link to help: www.donate.rainbowrailroad.org/thepointsguy
Rainbow Railroad helps gay, lesbian and trans people escape attacks, kidnappings or even murder in places like Chechnya and Uganda. According to the organization, they help rescue people facing “persecution based on their sexual orientation, gender identity and sex characteristics.”
TPG is also doing an Instagram live with our very own senior editor Benét J. Wilson and the founder of Phluid — a training program for companies to hire, and support, diversity and inclusion — Rob Smith.
We’ll also have Tom Ho with a “Return to Travel” webinar that you can register for soon. Tom Ho is a luxury travel advisor and they’ll be talking about high-end travel and how to make the travel industry more inclusive. More details on that shortly.
We’re also focusing on World Refugee Day — held annually on June 20 to promote empathy for refugees around the world — with a campaign with Miles4Migrants, another cause close to our hearts.
Miles4Migrants is a nonprofit that takes donated frequent flyer miles and uses them to book airfare for migrants or refugees who need to be reunited with families or make court appearances around the country.
Miles4Migrants has helped more than 2,500 people since its founding in 2016. Last year, Rainbow Railroad and the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) teamed up for World Refuge Day, shining a light on the members of the LGBTQIA+ community who have been persecuted, and become refugees, because of their identity.
TPG is a corporate sponsor for Miles4Migrants, and we’ll help tell the stories of Miles4Migrants and the importance of World Refugee Day across our social and editorial channels.
We’ll also have stories centered around Pride all month here at TPG, and the end of the month will see a flurry of stories, so stay tuned!
Here’s our list so far:
- IG Live Fundraiser with Brian Kelly & Kimahli Powell, executive director of Rainbow Railroad | Thursday 6/24 4:00pm EST
- Rainbow Railroad is announcing TPG as its top corporate donor
- Brian will be moderating a Q&A with Kimahli Powell, executive director of Rainbow Railroad
- TPG is matching up to $100,000 in donations to Rainbow Railroad
- IG Live with Benet Wilson & Rob Smith, Founder of Phluid | Wednesday 6/29 4:00pm EST
- G.E.T Phluid is a comprehensive diversity and inclusion training program curated to provide your company with the skills to spearhead inclusion initiatives and create affirming spaces in the workplace for the LGBTQIA+ community, specifically transgender, non-binary and gender non-confirming individuals.
- Return of Travel Episode with Tom Ho, Luxury Travel Advisor | Wednesday, 6/23 5:00pm EST
Featured image from The Points Guy archives.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees