Guadeloupe Will Be JetBlue’s Newest Caribbean Destination
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue plans to make the Guadeloupe its latest destination in the Caribbean.
The carrier plans to add flights to the French Caribbean island beginning in February 2020. Pending regulatory approval, JetBlue will offer service from its hub at New York JFK to Guadeloupe’s Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport (PTP).
JetBlue did not reveal a specific start date for the route, saying only that it expects seats to go on sale “in the coming weeks.”
The route continues JetBlue’s expansion into the Caribbean, which has provided a lucrative niche for the New York-based airline.
“We continue to build our New York focus city strategy and by adding another unique destination we reinforce our position in the Caribbean, where JetBlue continues to serve more nonstop destinations from JFK than any other carrier,” Andrea Lusso, JetBlue’s director of route planning, said in a Thursday statement.
JetBlue noted it will “be the only airline to operate flights between the northeastern U.S. and Guadeloupe.”
Norwegian Air had flown nonstop between New York JFK and Guadeloupe as recently as March. But the European low-cost giant announced in February that it would drop the route, opting not to resume its seasonal service for the upcoming winter season.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/TPG.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.