Guadeloupe Will Be JetBlue’s Newest Caribbean Destination
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue plans to make the Guadeloupe its latest destination in the Caribbean.
The carrier plans to add flights to the French Caribbean island beginning in February 2020. Pending regulatory approval, JetBlue will offer service from its hub at New York JFK to Guadeloupe’s Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport (PTP).
JetBlue did not reveal a specific start date for the route, saying only that it expects seats to go on sale “in the coming weeks.”
The route continues JetBlue’s expansion into the Caribbean, which has provided a lucrative niche for the New York-based airline.
“We continue to build our New York focus city strategy and by adding another unique destination we reinforce our position in the Caribbean, where JetBlue continues to serve more nonstop destinations from JFK than any other carrier,” Andrea Lusso, JetBlue’s director of route planning, said in a Thursday statement.
JetBlue noted it will “be the only airline to operate flights between the northeastern U.S. and Guadeloupe.”
Norwegian Air had flown nonstop between New York JFK and Guadeloupe as recently as March. But the European low-cost giant announced in February that it would drop the route, opting not to resume its seasonal service for the upcoming winter season.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.