Lufthansa Wants to Bring You Back to the Golden Age of Travel This Weekend
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all AvGeeks: Lufthansa is giving you a chance to “Fly Through Time” and experience the Golden Age of Travel in NYC this weekend.
On Sunday, Oct. 14, Lufthansa is debuting an interactive augmented reality pop-up to celebrate the 60th anniversary of its Senator Service on board the Super Constellation aircraft known as the “Super Connie.” The Super Connie was the first-ever luxury transatlantic flight.
The “Fly Through Time” AR installation will take you back to the 1950s and allow you to virtually dress in vintage Lufthansa uniform and passenger styles. Visitors will also get to experience an interactive model of the 1958 Lufthansa Super Constellation First Class onboard lounge and a vintage-inspired Lufthansa terminal to view the Super Constellation aircraft.
The one-day event is free and open to the public:
When: Sunday, Oct. 14 11am – 5pm
Where: NYC at Duarte Square (6th Ave and Grand St in SoHo)
All images courtesy of Lufthansa.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.