This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all AvGeeks: Lufthansa is giving you a chance to “Fly Through Time” and experience the Golden Age of Travel in NYC this weekend.
On Sunday, Oct. 14, Lufthansa is debuting an interactive augmented reality pop-up to celebrate the 60th anniversary of its Senator Service on board the Super Constellation aircraft known as the “Super Connie.” The Super Connie was the first-ever luxury transatlantic flight.
The “Fly Through Time” AR installation will take you back to the 1950s and allow you to virtually dress in vintage Lufthansa uniform and passenger styles. Visitors will also get to experience an interactive model of the 1958 Lufthansa Super Constellation First Class onboard lounge and a vintage-inspired Lufthansa terminal to view the Super Constellation aircraft.
The one-day event is free and open to the public:
When: Sunday, Oct. 14 11am – 5pm
Where: NYC at Duarte Square (6th Ave and Grand St in SoHo)
All images courtesy of Lufthansa.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees