Global Entry enrollment centers will reopen July 6
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The wait is almost over.
If you’ve been in Global Entry limbo since the Department of Homeland Security shut down application centers on March 19, you only have about one more week to wait until you can finally finish your application.
DHS’s Customs and Border Protection division announced June 26 that its Trusted Traveler enrollment centers will reopen for interviews beginning July 6. They’d been shut as a COVID-19 precaution, but CBP said it’s now ready to open the doors again.
The process will look a little different though.
All applicants who come in for interviews will be required to wear face masks. Appointment availability and waiting room seating will be reduced, and other protective measures will be in place including plexiglass shields between applicants and agents, coupled with increased sanitizing of fingerprint pads.
In addition to Global Entry, applicants for SENTRI and U.S.-Mexico FAST programs will be able to schedule interviews. NEXUS and U.S.-Canada FAST enrollment centers will remain closed through at least Aug. 10.
Interviews on arrival for travelers have been available throughout the closure, and will remain an option for anyone returning from abroad who already has conditional Trusted Traveler approval.
All of these newly reopened facilities will continue to bar New Yorkers, however. Residents of the Empire state have been prohibited from enrolling in Trusted Traveler programs by Trump administration policy since February.
How do you know when your Global Entry is expiring?
The most obvious way is to check your Global Entry card to see the expiration there. Or, if you’ve lost track of your card, the Global Entry kiosks should alert you if your expiration is looming.
Beyond that, you also can check online – though that requires logging in with your Trusted Traveler profile. We’ve got the full set of instructions. Or, if you’ve lost track of your Trust Traveler profile, we’ve also got you covered if you need to create a new one.
Featured photo by PAUL J. RICHARDS/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees