This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want to earn or use Hilton, Wyndham or IHG hotel points while still enjoying many perks of staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, staying at one of the seven hotels within Disney Springs may be the perfect way to enjoy some Disney Resort benefits on a budget.
Disney Springs, formerly known as Downtown Disney, is an entertainment and shopping district located on the eastern edge of the Walt Disney World Resort. The seven Disney Springs hotels are located on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, adjacent to Disney Springs, but are not owned by Disney. These properties have always been a solid choice for a Disney stay from a location perspective, but in 2018 they became an even better overall deal as Disney Springs hotels began to temporarily offer some popular Disney Resort benefits while many of Disney’s moderate resorts were undergoing renovations.
These Disney benefits include Extra Magic Hours and the ability to obtain Fastpass+ reservations within a 60-day window instead of the normal 30-day window for those not staying at a Disney Resort. The 60-day FastPass+ window is often the difference maker in getting advance FastPass reservations for popular rides like Flight of Passage, Mine Train and Slinky Dog Dash and not getting those advance FastPasses for your family.
The great news for those looking to stretch their dollars or points by staying at one of the Disney Springs properties is that the Disney Resort perks of 60-day FastPass+ and access to Extra Magic Hours have been officially extended for Disney Springs properties through 2019!
Until (at least) December 31, 2019, you can continue to enjoy those Disney Resort perks at these Disney Springs Hotels:
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando-Disney Springs Area
- Hilton Lake Buena Vista-Disney Springs Area
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace-Disney Springs Area
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista
- Wyndham LBV
- Wyndham Garden LBV
- B Resort
There’s no one right way to plan a Walt World Disney vacation, but if staying at Disney Springs is the right plan for your family, then this is fantastic news.
Featured image by Thomas Kelley via Unsplash
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards