Frontier Airlines Expands in Las Vegas With 7 New Routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Airlines is boosting its presence in Las Vegas with seven new routes to points across its network as it continues to grow by double digits.
The Denver-based ultra low-cost carrier will add flights to Phoenix on Sept. 6; and to Los Angeles and Miami on Sept. 10. From Nov. 14, Frontier will begin flying from Las Vegas to Orange County, California; Portland, Oregon; Reno, Nevada; and Seattle, the company announced today. The routes will operate year-round with frequencies ranging from four-times-a-week to daily on Airbus A320 family aircraft.
In addition to the new Las Vegas routes, Frontier will offer winter seasonal service to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Miami from Cleveland from Oct. 10.
The airline is one of the fastest growing in the US, with system capacity scheduled to jump roughly 14% in 2019, Diio by Cirium data shows. It grew capacity by 12% in 2018.
Related: The 7 Best Starter Credit Cards
Frontier will face stiff competition on the new Las Vegas routes. Southwest Airlines operates all of the routes except Miami, while Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines and United Airlines serve at least one of the markets.
Las Vegas has a strong local market driven by both leisure and conference demand. One senior airline executive said recently that capacity to many secondary US markets from the Nevada city has shrunk in the past decade, creating an opportunity for new point-to-point service.
On the new Cleveland routes, Frontier will compete with JetBlue Airways, Southwest, Spirit and United to Fort Lauderdale, and American to Miami, the Diio data shows.
Frontier previously operated Cleveland-Fort Lauderdale from 2014-2015, and Cleveland-Miami from 2017-2018, according to the data. It also operated the Las Vegas-Miami route from 2015-2018.
Featured image by robertcicchetti / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees