Frontier Airlines Expands in Las Vegas With 7 New Routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Airlines is boosting its presence in Las Vegas with seven new routes to points across its network as it continues to grow by double digits.
The Denver-based ultra low-cost carrier will add flights to Phoenix on Sept. 6; and to Los Angeles and Miami on Sept. 10. From Nov. 14, Frontier will begin flying from Las Vegas to Orange County, California; Portland, Oregon; Reno, Nevada; and Seattle, the company announced today. The routes will operate year-round with frequencies ranging from four-times-a-week to daily on Airbus A320 family aircraft.
In addition to the new Las Vegas routes, Frontier will offer winter seasonal service to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Miami from Cleveland from Oct. 10.
The airline is one of the fastest growing in the US, with system capacity scheduled to jump roughly 14% in 2019, Diio by Cirium data shows. It grew capacity by 12% in 2018.
Related: The 7 Best Starter Credit Cards
Frontier will face stiff competition on the new Las Vegas routes. Southwest Airlines operates all of the routes except Miami, while Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines and United Airlines serve at least one of the markets.
Las Vegas has a strong local market driven by both leisure and conference demand. One senior airline executive said recently that capacity to many secondary US markets from the Nevada city has shrunk in the past decade, creating an opportunity for new point-to-point service.
On the new Cleveland routes, Frontier will compete with JetBlue Airways, Southwest, Spirit and United to Fort Lauderdale, and American to Miami, the Diio data shows.
Frontier previously operated Cleveland-Fort Lauderdale from 2014-2015, and Cleveland-Miami from 2017-2018, according to the data. It also operated the Las Vegas-Miami route from 2015-2018.
Featured image by robertcicchetti / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.