French Chef Joel Robuchon Has Died — Here’s Where You Can Still Eat His Food
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The world’s most Michelin-starred chef, Joel Robuchon, died at the age of 73 early Monday morning after a battle with cancer.
The French celebrity chef owned restaurants across the world, spanning three continents. His famous dining establishments are found in cities such as Paris, Monaco, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Las Vegas — to name a few.
Known for his ability to make simple dishes with few ingredients into haute cuisine, Robuchon’s first restaurant opened in Paris in 1981. It was the first restaurant to ever win three Michelin stars. Soon after, he was bestowed the illustrious “Chef of the Century” title from the restaurant guide Gault & Millau, CNN reports.
“Joël Robuchon died today, but his 32 Michelin stars shine bright in the constellation of world gastronomy,” a statement from French President Emmanuel Macron released on Monday said. “His name and style embody French cuisine all over the world, they symbolize a lifestyle, a demand for a job well done, and convey the richness of our traditions.”
Below is a list of Robuchon’s legendary restaurants to try in your next travel destination:
Featured image by Maurice ROUGEMONT/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.