French Chef Joel Robuchon Has Died — Here’s Where You Can Still Eat His Food
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The world’s most Michelin-starred chef, Joel Robuchon, died at the age of 73 early Monday morning after a battle with cancer.
The French celebrity chef owned restaurants across the world, spanning three continents. His famous dining establishments are found in cities such as Paris, Monaco, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Las Vegas — to name a few.
Known for his ability to make simple dishes with few ingredients into haute cuisine, Robuchon’s first restaurant opened in Paris in 1981. It was the first restaurant to ever win three Michelin stars. Soon after, he was bestowed the illustrious “Chef of the Century” title from the restaurant guide Gault & Millau, CNN reports.
“Joël Robuchon died today, but his 32 Michelin stars shine bright in the constellation of world gastronomy,” a statement from French President Emmanuel Macron released on Monday said. “His name and style embody French cuisine all over the world, they symbolize a lifestyle, a demand for a job well done, and convey the richness of our traditions.”
Below is a list of Robuchon’s legendary restaurants to try in your next travel destination:
Featured image by Maurice ROUGEMONT/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.