French Chef Joel Robuchon Has Died — Here’s Where You Can Still Eat His Food
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The world’s most Michelin-starred chef, Joel Robuchon, died at the age of 73 early Monday morning after a battle with cancer.
The French celebrity chef owned restaurants across the world, spanning three continents. His famous dining establishments are found in cities such as Paris, Monaco, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Las Vegas — to name a few.
Known for his ability to make simple dishes with few ingredients into haute cuisine, Robuchon’s first restaurant opened in Paris in 1981. It was the first restaurant to ever win three Michelin stars. Soon after, he was bestowed the illustrious “Chef of the Century” title from the restaurant guide Gault & Millau, CNN reports.
“Joël Robuchon died today, but his 32 Michelin stars shine bright in the constellation of world gastronomy,” a statement from French President Emmanuel Macron released on Monday said. “His name and style embody French cuisine all over the world, they symbolize a lifestyle, a demand for a job well done, and convey the richness of our traditions.”
Below is a list of Robuchon’s legendary restaurants to try in your next travel destination:
Featured image by Maurice ROUGEMONT/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.