Fly BLADE nonstop to Aspen from New York and Los Angeles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This year’s holidays land awkwardly on the calendar, with both Christmas and New Year’s Day landing on Wednesdays. That being said, it’s not too late to make some spontaneous plans for the last weekend of the decade. BLADE is offering nonstop flights between New York City (HPN) and Aspen (ASE) — and one of those tickets could have your name on it.
“For years, fliers have been asking us for a way to BLADE to Aspen,” Melissa Tomkiel, President-Fixed Wing BLADE, told TPG. “The timing was right this year to offer our uniquely designed, reimagined Jet service directly between New York or Los Angeles and one of the best ski destinations in the world.”
For more daily news, sign up for TPG’s daily newsletter
The luxury begins the moment you board: BLADE’s jets are retrofitted Gulfstream IV-SPs, reimagined to accommodate up to 10 guests, where every passenger gets to experience the comfort of their own captain’s chair. On-board, BLADE guests enjoy full in-flight service from the company’s renowned SKYcx cabin attendants, as well as world-class cuisine from BLT Restaurants.
BLADE Aspen connects the Colorado ski town with Manhattan; Westchester, New York, just north of New York City; and Los Angeles on select Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays and Mondays. The available dates coincide with peak ski season, while additional flights are available over the holidays. If you’re looking for additional travel times or want to book with a larger group, you can reach out directly to BLADE to arrange a charter flight to Aspen.
BLADE is the only airline offering direct service between New York and Aspen, and Manhattan and Westchester travelers can save up to six hours of flight time on BLADE Aspen compared to commercial flight routes.
The new BLADE Lounge in Westchester is easily accessible for Westchester and Connecticut fliers, while New York City adventurers can even begin the fun early by taking a BLADE helicopter from Manhattan directly to the side of the BLADE Aspen jet, or back from the airport to Manhattan for returns.
How much will you pay for this premium convenience? From Los Angeles, flights are $1,950 or $3,900 round-trip. From New York, it’s $3,250 for one way, while round trip is just $3,500, with add-on helicopter service from Manhattan to Westchester available for an additional $300 each way. You can apply referral codes from friends for BLADE Aspen travel. If you don’t have one handy, use code BRIANF&F for $50 off of a single booking.
Luggage-wise, BLADE Aspen travelers are allowed one 50-pound piece of luggage per person which will be checked in the baggage compartment, just like on commercial Airlines. One additional personal item, such as a laptop bag or purse, is allowed in the passenger cabin as well. If flying on a helicopter connection, one 25lb commercial airline carry-on and one personal item (eg. Laptop, Purse, etc.) is allowed. If you’re carrying along skis or something equally bulky, the luggage upgrade fee is $250 each way.
Featured photo courtesy of BLADE.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees