The Florida Keys’ First All-Inclusive Resort Opens Its Doors
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All-inclusive resorts are all the rage these days, and often can be a great cost-effective vacation option. Most commonly found in locations like the Bahamas or Mexico, you can now get the full Caribbean-like experience without ever leaving the country.
Part of the Noble House Hotels & Resorts group, Bungalows Key Largo opened its doors to guests in January. The adults-only luxury resort which describes itself as an “island oasis built for downtime and disconnecting” is located 65 miles south of Miami International Airport (MIA) and boasts a plethora of garden and waterfront villas.
Property amenities include an oceanfront infinity pool; Zen Garden Spa with steam room and sauna; Fitness Tiki Hut with state-of-the-art cardio and weight training essentials; access to Coconut Beach; complimentary non-motorized watersports such as water trikes, stand-up paddleboards, snorkeling equipment and sea kayaks; daily sunrise yoga sessions and complimentary sunset cruises (with a five-night stay or longer). Guests can dine in any of six restaurants (including a food truck called Largo Larry’s) and bars, which all feature “locally sourced ingredients and top-shelf spirits.”
For a limited time, garden bungalows can be booked for as low as $399 per person, per night for minimum 2-night stays throughout Dec. 19, 2019 (blackout dates and restrictions apply). The 1,100-square-foot rooms come with: a private veranda with soaking tub and outdoor shower, a private patio furnished with Adirondack chairs, an indoor spa bathroom with rain shower, and two bicycles. The 900-square foot waterfront bungalows start at $499 and will get you: a secluded oceanfront veranda with deep soaking tub, a private patio furnished with Adirondack chairs, an indoor spa bathroom with rain shower, direct access to the semi-private beach, and two bicycles.
If renting a car at the airport and driving to the resort is not your idea of vacation, take the scenic route with Staniel Air’s seaplane service from Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. The “40-minute picturesque flight” will give guests a “bird’s eye look at coastal Florida in all its splendor.” According to Staniel’s website, flights are regularly $299 per person one-way, or $598 round-trip.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
All photos courtesy of Bungalows Key Largo
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.