Finnair set to launch transatlantic flights to US and Asia from Stockholm
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Finnair is setting its sights on international expansion in the fall, with Stockholm as a key hub.
Finland’s flagship airline, which is part of the Oneworld alliance, is ramping up its service at Stockholm Arlanda International Airport (ARN) by adding weekly long-haul flights to Bangkok, Phuket and Miami, starting in October. This will add more than a dozen new weekly flights out of Arlanda for Finnair, and they mark the first transatlantic routes the carrier will operate out of Stockholm.
The primary motivation for adding the international routes is the growth potential for bookings later in the year. As travel restrictions continue to be loosened as the COVID vaccine rollout expands, travel industry experts expect demand for winter holidays to jump.
Finnair’s long-haul service from Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN) to New Bangkok International Airport (BKK) begins Oct. 22, with five flights per week. The frequency will increase to daily departures on Nov. 28.
Finnair’s service to Phuket International Airport (HKT) route will begin Oct. 24, with a weekly departure. That will be gradually increased to two weekly departures on Nov. 4, before expanding to thrice-weekly flights starting Dec. 30.
The long-haul route to Miami International Airport (MIA) launches Oct. 23 with flights taking off twice a week. That will double to four weekly departures on Nov. 29. All of Finnair’s long-haul flights out of Stockholm Arlanda will use Airbus A350 aircraft.
A substantial bonus to Swedish passengers is that because Finnair is part of the Oneworld alliance, it will have access to the airline’s other destinations through American Airlines’ hub at Miami International. That will provide greater travel options to visit other parts of the United States and Latin America.
Featured photo by picture alliance/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees