Federal Workers Can Get Free Lunch on Board These Cruise Ships
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Furloughed government employees in South Florida have been invited to lunch.
Through Jan. 31, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line is opening its ship doors to federal employees for a daily free buffet lunch on one of its two vessels. Employees are encouraged to bring their families for a hot meal at noon, then stay aboard for some free fun until 3pm.
The Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line operates two ships that sail two-night cruises between Palm Beach and Grand Bahama Island year-round. Federal workers will be hosted on the 1,486-passenger Grand Celebration and 1,680-passenger Grand Classica on a rotating basis, as the ships take turns docking at the Port of Palm Beach in between voyages.
In order to take advantage of the invitation, interested government workers should call the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line customer service number at 800-374-4363 to make a reservation, and show a federal ID at the port upon check-in to verify eligibility. The lunch offer is not available on Jan. 25 or 26, and will terminate when the shutdown ends.
Featured photo courtesy of Bahama Paradise Cruise Line.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees