Federal Workers Can Get Free Lunch on Board These Cruise Ships
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Furloughed government employees in South Florida have been invited to lunch.
Through Jan. 31, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line is opening its ship doors to federal employees for a daily free buffet lunch on one of its two vessels. Employees are encouraged to bring their families for a hot meal at noon, then stay aboard for some free fun until 3pm.
The Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line operates two ships that sail two-night cruises between Palm Beach and Grand Bahama Island year-round. Federal workers will be hosted on the 1,486-passenger Grand Celebration and 1,680-passenger Grand Classica on a rotating basis, as the ships take turns docking at the Port of Palm Beach in between voyages.
In order to take advantage of the invitation, interested government workers should call the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line customer service number at 800-374-4363 to make a reservation, and show a federal ID at the port upon check-in to verify eligibility. The lunch offer is not available on Jan. 25 or 26, and will terminate when the shutdown ends.
Featured photo courtesy of Bahama Paradise Cruise Line.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.