This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve all been there — traffic is worse than you expected, or maybe an alarm clock didn’t go off and you find yourself scrambling to the airport late for a flight.
One Ohio man found himself in this predicament and allegedly decided to take extreme measures in an attempt to ensure he didn’t miss his United flight out of Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). He decided to call in a hoax bomb threat to the airport so he would make his Dallas-bound flight back in October 2017.
Dana Carter, 40, made multiple calls to the airport, claiming there was a bomb on the Dallas-bound flight. The flight ended up being canceled because of the fake threats, and Carter was placed on another flight to Dallas two hours later.
Carter was arrested and sentenced last Thursday to four months in prison. He must also pay United $7,700 as restitution to the airline for the canceled flight. He will remain on probation for three years after his release from prison.
According to Carter’s attorney, calling in the hoax bomb threats was a “foolish act.”
H/T: Fox News
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees