This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve all been there — traffic is worse than you expected, or maybe an alarm clock didn’t go off and you find yourself scrambling to the airport late for a flight.
One Ohio man found himself in this predicament and allegedly decided to take extreme measures in an attempt to ensure he didn’t miss his United flight out of Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). He decided to call in a hoax bomb threat to the airport so he would make his Dallas-bound flight back in October 2017.
Dana Carter, 40, made multiple calls to the airport, claiming there was a bomb on the Dallas-bound flight. The flight ended up being canceled because of the fake threats, and Carter was placed on another flight to Dallas two hours later.
Carter was arrested and sentenced last Thursday to four months in prison. He must also pay United $7,700 as restitution to the airline for the canceled flight. He will remain on probation for three years after his release from prison.
According to Carter’s attorney, calling in the hoax bomb threats was a “foolish act.”
H/T: Fox News
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards