Get a 20% bonus when you convert hotel points to Etihad miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you have a flight planned soon, you may be able to score a ton of miles after converting hotel points to Etihad Guest Miles. The airline is running a new promotion where you’ll earn a 20% bonus when you convert hotel points to miles through Oct. 31.
Here’s what you need to know.
The offer is valid for all points to miles transfers made through Oct. 31. inclusive. The hotels participating include Accor Hotels, Hilton Honors, Radisson, Shangri-La, World of Hyatt, IHG and Marriott.
Many of us like to use Etihad miles because It has a great award chart for many of its partner airlines like American, ANA and Virgin Australia. It can be cumbersome to book an award flight, as TPG’s Brendan Dorsey wrote in the summer, but you can get some great rates. TPG values Etihad miles at 1.4 cents each.
We’ve highlighted some of the best ways to use Etihad miles, including a one-way transcontinental flight on American’s A321T in business for 25,000 miles, West Coast cities to Japan in ANA’s business class for 54,000 miles and a one-way ticket to Europe, Japan or Korea in American Airline’s business class for 50,000 miles.
And if you still find yourself short on miles for an award redemption, Etihad Guest Miles are pretty easy to obtain. You can transfer both Citi ThankYou Rewards and American Express Membership Rewards to Etihad Guest at a 1:1 transfer ratio. Occasionally, the banks have offered transfer bonuses in the past, which sweeten the deal when they happen.
Featured photo courtesy of Javier Rodriguez/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees