A switcheroo at Palm Beach Airport means new lounge access for Amex Platinum, Centurion members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With its tony clientele and a wealth of luxury hotel options nearby, you might think that Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) — a favorite among TPG staffers for its manageability and excellent location — would likewise have lots to offer in terms of airport lounges.
Until very recently, though, that wasn’t exactly true. Palm Beach’s focus on leisure travel meant fewer lounges than you’d find at an airport that caters to higher numbers of business travelers.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Delta fliers and Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders had the Sky Club at Concourse C, but devotees of other airlines were stuck. (Unless, of course, like many high-end customers heading to or from PBI, they were flying private.)
That changed in January 2020, when a Primeclass lounge opened on the concourse near the A and B gates after security. But the identity of this space has recently changed again. Here’s what we saw on a recent trip to Palm Beach.
In early December, following a refresh that included a full revamp of the food and beverage menu, the Primeclass lounge switched over to a new brand — Escape Lounge. The color palette remains the same — aqua blues and gold with tropical green accents — and the lounge is the same size as before, comfortably accommodating about 65 people.
The lounge is open to all fliers and has an entry fee of $40 if you book in advance and $45 at the door. The best part, though, is that, like the Delta Sky Club, it’s also open to The Platinum Card® from American Express and American Express Centurion cardholders, and two of their guests. So if the Sky Club is crowded or you’re just looking for a change of scenery, you have another choice at Palm Beach.
Featured image courtesy of Palm Beach International Airport
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.