A switcheroo at Palm Beach Airport means new lounge access for Amex Platinum, Centurion members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With its tony clientele and a wealth of luxury hotel options nearby, you might think that Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) — a favorite among TPG staffers for its manageability and excellent location — would likewise have lots to offer in terms of airport lounges.
Until very recently, though, that wasn’t exactly true. Palm Beach’s focus on leisure travel meant fewer lounges than you’d find at an airport that caters to higher numbers of business travelers.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Delta fliers and Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders had the Sky Club at Concourse C, but devotees of other airlines were stuck. (Unless, of course, like many high-end customers heading to or from PBI, they were flying private.)
That changed in January 2020, when a Primeclass lounge opened on the concourse near the A and B gates after security. But the identity of this space has recently changed again. Here’s what we saw on a recent trip to Palm Beach.
In early December, following a refresh that included a full revamp of the food and beverage menu, the Primeclass lounge switched over to a new brand — Escape Lounge. The color palette remains the same — aqua blues and gold with tropical green accents — and the lounge is the same size as before, comfortably accommodating about 65 people.
The lounge is open to all fliers and has an entry fee of $40 if you book in advance and $45 at the door. The best part, though, is that, like the Delta Sky Club, it’s also open to The Platinum Card® from American Express and American Express Centurion cardholders, and two of their guests. So if the Sky Club is crowded or you’re just looking for a change of scenery, you have another choice at Palm Beach.
Featured image courtesy of Palm Beach International Airport
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees