Eight Peeks Into a Family Trip to the Andaz Costa Rica
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To The Point
Swimming, beach houses, nature adventures, nearby horseback riding, great food, free kids meals, a tremendous kid’s club, and great sleep are waiting for you on a family trip to the Andaz Costa Rica. Here are some peeks into our family trip to Costa Rica…
Last year, Josh and I met up with some friends at the Andaz Costa Rica for a few days filled with outstanding coffee, fresh seafood, sleeping in, and time at the pool. We loved this location and the resort so much that we decided on the spot to return with our girls a year later. It did not hurt that the resort is an outstanding deal as a Category 4 Hyatt property where you can use Category 1 – 4 certificates or just 15,000 World of Hyatt points per night. Sealing the deal for the Andaz Costa Rica is the included kid’s club for children ages four and up and the ridiculously amazing breakfast spread, complete with coffee made by the gods, AKA Luis Karlos, who is, effectively, a coffee god.
This year’s trip to the Andaz Costa Rica was naturally very different than last year’s trip since we had our two and eight-year-old along for the ride. The coffee in the morning was even more appreciated, the space in the suite was more important, the vast number of stairs were more of a challenge, and the monkeys were an even greater hit. Full reviews of our family trip are to come soon, but here are eight peeks into a family trip to the Andaz Costa Rica. In short, get to booking…
Swimming, swimming, and more swimming
Expect to spend a chunk of every single day swimming with your family at the Andaz Costa Rica. There is a family pool with a zero entry area, free snow cones, some shade umbrellas, and a nearby bar. Pack your own floaties, if needed, though they do have plenty of noodles.
Hit the beach
The Andaz Costa Rica has a new beach house about 15 minutes away from the main property, so book some seats on the included shuttle that leaves every 30 minutes and spend the afternoon at the beach (full review of the beach house to come soon).
Bonus points if you make it to this nearby gorgeous beach.
Kids five and under eat free
Our littlest one may have briefly turned into a monkey on our final breakfast, but for the most part, our meals were great as kids five and under eat for free off the kid’s meal…even via room service.
Kids meals are about $9 each, so this adds up to some real savings over the course of multiple days.
Plan to horse around
The hotel arranged for a horse ride for our oldest daughter and me about 35 minutes away from the resort. The best rides to the scenic waterfalls are farther away, so we are saving those longer excursions for next time. Even if you only have a morning to spare, you can get away from the resort and onto a horse…just watch out for some serious bug attacks.
This shot was taken directly across the water from the Andaz, which you can almost see built into the mountains.
Spot iguanas, monkeys, birds, and more
The kids had a ball spotting wildlife both around the resort and on a nature excursion put on by the hotel via golf cart.
Play in the free kids club
The Cambi Kid’s Club is amazing and free for those four and up, but you can hire a babysitter for $20 an hour so that your younger kids can play, too.
Clean it up
For just $30 you can stuff a laundry sack to the brim and have everything come back looking clean and beautiful. Yes, please. Now we won’t have Mount Laundry waiting for us when we return home!
It is pretty much guaranteed that everyone should sleep tight after full days in the Costa Rican sun. To help with the sleeping arrangments, the hotel is quite generous with arranging for rollaway beds.
We had two rollaway beds set up in our standard suite, and the girls actually used them on a couple of the nights!
This was our first family trip to the Andaz Costa Rica, but I don’t think it will be our last. As the kids grow, so will our adventures around Costa Rica. For now, this was their perfect introduction to a truly beautiful country. If you have certain topics you want me to be sure and include on our in-depth write-up of a family trip to the Andaz Costa Rica, please let me know in the comments!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees