Travelers with proof of vaccination can now visit Ecuador — including the Galapagos
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers visiting Ecuador who show proof of vaccination can enter the country, according to one of the largest daily newspapers in Ecuador, El Universo.
In October 2020, Ecuador’s National Emergency Operations Committee announced that travelers arriving by air to Quito or Guayaquil must carry a negative PCR test. Travelers visiting the remote Galapagos Islands, which reopened to travelers in July, were also required to have a negative PCR test to enter taken no more than 96 hours prior to arrival. According to Travel Daily News, quick tests are not accepted.
Ecuadorian authorities have released some guidelines for tourists, including:
- Comply with social distancing, at least two meters (2 yards approx.)
- Use of face masks/masks
- Hygiene measures (constant hand washing and disinfection, covering the nose and mouth when yawning or sneezing with the inside of the elbow flexed)
- Extreme precautions for people over 60 years and for vulnerable groups
- Public events are prohibited, as well as crowds.
As of Jan. 26, 2021, everyone age two and older traveling to the U.S. from Ecuador must show a negative viral COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours of departure before being allowed to board their flights; documented proof from a licensed healthcare provider of recovery from the virus within the past 90 days will also be accepted.
As of June 4, Quito and Guayaquil airports resumed operations. American and United resumed services to both cities, while Eastern, JetBlue and Spirit only operate out of Guayaquil.
The U.S. State Department removed Ecuador from the Global Health Advisory Level 4. Ecuador is now listed as Level 3: Reconsider Travel. Ecuador has reported over 307,000 cases of the novel coronavirus and over 16,000 deaths, according to a Johns Hopkins University coronavirus tracker.
Featured photo by Jesse Kraft / EyeEm / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees