Today only: Earn 10x Amex points per dollar shopping at big name retailers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If the change in weather is making you realize you need to place an order for some new boots, a jacket or maybe even a Halloween-themed Disney face mask (hey, it is 2020 after all), know that Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates) is offering 10% cash back today-only at some pretty big name stores.
But for those who collect points and miles, the one-day offer is actually better than earning 10% cash back as you can instead choose to earn 10x Amex Membership Rewards points.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Since TPG values Amex Membership Rewards at 2.0 cents each, earning points instead of cash back can result in twice the return for your online shopping. And while not all of the big retailers that dropped out of the online shopping sites in the spring and summer months are back, there are some household names participating in today’s bonus.
Related: Best credit card for shopping
Here are examples of today’s 10x shopping opportunities:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Gap Factory
- Saks Off Fifth
- Shoes.com (actually 20x)
- American Eagle
- Lands End
Any way you slice it, getting 10x Membership Rewards points on something you were going to buy anyway is a pretty excellent deal. The sale is one day only, though, so don’t wait if you have some “adding to cart” to take care of. And if you are new to Rakuten, you can potentially earn a new customer bonus on top of these increased earnings rates.
Additional reporting by Carissa Rawson
Featured image by filadendron/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees