Today only: Earn 10x Amex points per dollar shopping at big name retailers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If the change in weather is making you realize you need to place an order for some new boots, a jacket or maybe even a Halloween-themed Disney face mask (hey, it is 2020 after all), know that Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates) is offering 10% cash back today-only at some pretty big name stores.
But for those who collect points and miles, the one-day offer is actually better than earning 10% cash back as you can instead choose to earn 10x Amex Membership Rewards points.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Since TPG values Amex Membership Rewards at 2.0 cents each, earning points instead of cash back can result in twice the return for your online shopping. And while not all of the big retailers that dropped out of the online shopping sites in the spring and summer months are back, there are some household names participating in today’s bonus.
Related: Best credit card for shopping
Here are examples of today’s 10x shopping opportunities:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Gap Factory
- Saks Off Fifth
- Shoes.com (actually 20x)
- American Eagle
- Lands End
Any way you slice it, getting 10x Membership Rewards points on something you were going to buy anyway is a pretty excellent deal. The sale is one day only, though, so don’t wait if you have some “adding to cart” to take care of. And if you are new to Rakuten, you can potentially earn a new customer bonus on top of these increased earnings rates.
Additional reporting by Carissa Rawson
Featured image by filadendron/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.