Cyber Monday only: Earn up to 20% cash back on travel and more via Rakuten
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a seemingly endless number of Cyber Monday deals out there for flights, hotels and cruises, so I almost hate to add to the list, but stick with me because if you have travel to book (or re-book), there might be some extra cash back sitting on the table.
Today Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates) is offering up to 15–20% cash back on sites, such as IHG Hotels and eBags (you need packing cubes from eBags — they are life-changing). If you prefer American Express Membership Rewards points to cash, that is also possible via Rakuten and may be an even better deal than cash back.
Examples of today’s increased travel-related payouts include:
- IHG Hotels: 15x
- Hertz: 15x
- Orbitz: Up to 15x
- Radisson Blu: 15x
- Samsonite: 15x
- Tumi: 15x
- Booking.com: Up to 15x
You can stack these 15x earnings by using an Amex Offer if there is one available for your chosen retailer. For example, if you are shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue online for 15x via the Rakuten deal, and paying with The Platinum Card® from American Express, you can even use your $50 Saks statement credit for the second half of the year (just be sure and register first).
If you are new to Rakuten/Ebates, you can get $10 in bonus cash back with your first purchase of $25, taking today’s earnings up even higher. If you want to earn Membership Rewards points via your Rakuten purchases, there’s an even better new customer bonus of 1,500 bonus Membership Rewards points after you make $25 in purchases.
Since TPG values Membership Rewards points at 2 cents each, that is like earning $30 in points with a $25 purchase, and that’s not to mention the up to 15 points per dollar you can earn at a variety of retailers.
Featured image by Lisa Weatherbee/The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.