Cyber Monday only: Earn up to 20% cash back on travel and more via Rakuten
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a seemingly endless number of Cyber Monday deals out there for flights, hotels and cruises, so I almost hate to add to the list, but stick with me because if you have travel to book (or re-book), there might be some extra cash back sitting on the table.
Today Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates) is offering up to 15–20% cash back on sites, such as IHG Hotels and eBags (you need packing cubes from eBags — they are life-changing). If you prefer American Express Membership Rewards points to cash, that is also possible via Rakuten and may be an even better deal than cash back.
Examples of today’s increased travel-related payouts include:
- IHG Hotels: 15x
- Hertz: 15x
- Orbitz: Up to 15x
- Radisson Blu: 15x
- Samsonite: 15x
- Tumi: 15x
- Booking.com: Up to 15x
You can stack these 15x earnings by using an Amex Offer if there is one available for your chosen retailer. For example, if you are shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue online for 15x via the Rakuten deal, and paying with The Platinum Card® from American Express, you can even use your $50 Saks statement credit for the second half of the year (just be sure and register first).
If you are new to Rakuten/Ebates, you can get $10 in bonus cash back with your first purchase of $25, taking today’s earnings up even higher. If you want to earn Membership Rewards points via your Rakuten purchases, there’s an even better new customer bonus of 1,500 bonus Membership Rewards points after you make $25 in purchases.
Since TPG values Membership Rewards points at 2 cents each, that is like earning $30 in points with a $25 purchase, and that’s not to mention the up to 15 points per dollar you can earn at a variety of retailers.
Featured image by Lisa Weatherbee/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees