You Can Soon Earn and Redeem IHG Points at Ultra-Luxe Regent Hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Just months after IHG opened its newest budget-minded brand Avid in Oklahoma City, it’s enabling members to earn and redeem IHG Rewards Club points at one of the most exclusive property chains in the world. Following the acquisition of a majority stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts in March 2018, IHG is now ready to formally fold the Regent portfolio into the IHG collection.
Beginning Feb. 1, 2019, you’ll be able to earn IHG points while staying at Regent properties, and you’ll also be able to exchange IHG points for free nights there. As of now, just six ultra-luxe Regent properties exist:
- Regent Taipei
- Regent Berlin
- Regent Porto Montenegro
- Regent Beijing
- Regent Chongqing
- Regent Singapore
That said, Regent’s reach will soon expand with the opening of Regent Phu Quoc in 2019 and Regent Jakarta in 2020. IHG has already stated that it hopes to grow the Regent brand from six hotels to 40 in due time, with Regent Kuala Lumpur already in the works alongside a plan to rebrand the InterContinental Hong Kong, which is set to become a Regent hotel in 2021. The rebrand will see the hotel return to its roots, having first opened its doors as a Regent in 1980.
There’s no word yet on where Regent properties will sit along the IHG reward spectrum. It’ll no doubt be at the high-end, but only time will tell if IHG carves out a new tier for these high-end properties. We’re also in wait-and-see mode in terms of the chain’s Ambassador program. Currently, that program applies to its InterContinental portfolio, but it’s not a reach to think Regent’s clientele would appreciate similar perks.
All images courtesy of Regent.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees