You Can Soon Earn and Redeem IHG Points at Ultra-Luxe Regent Hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Just months after IHG opened its newest budget-minded brand Avid in Oklahoma City, it’s enabling members to earn and redeem IHG Rewards Club points at one of the most exclusive property chains in the world. Following the acquisition of a majority stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts in March 2018, IHG is now ready to formally fold the Regent portfolio into the IHG collection.
Beginning Feb. 1, 2019, you’ll be able to earn IHG points while staying at Regent properties, and you’ll also be able to exchange IHG points for free nights there. As of now, just six ultra-luxe Regent properties exist:
- Regent Taipei
- Regent Berlin
- Regent Porto Montenegro
- Regent Beijing
- Regent Chongqing
- Regent Singapore
That said, Regent’s reach will soon expand with the opening of Regent Phu Quoc in 2019 and Regent Jakarta in 2020. IHG has already stated that it hopes to grow the Regent brand from six hotels to 40 in due time, with Regent Kuala Lumpur already in the works alongside a plan to rebrand the InterContinental Hong Kong, which is set to become a Regent hotel in 2021. The rebrand will see the hotel return to its roots, having first opened its doors as a Regent in 1980.
There’s no word yet on where Regent properties will sit along the IHG reward spectrum. It’ll no doubt be at the high-end, but only time will tell if IHG carves out a new tier for these high-end properties. We’re also in wait-and-see mode in terms of the chain’s Ambassador program. Currently, that program applies to its InterContinental portfolio, but it’s not a reach to think Regent’s clientele would appreciate similar perks.
All images courtesy of Regent.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.