Earn $25 in Delta Credit Buying Gift Cards
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta's "Dream It, Live It" event continues and today the airline is offering SkyMiles members $25 in Delta eCredit when you buy $250 in Delta gift cards.
This is a great opportunity if you have plans to travel with Delta in the next few months. The reason why I say next few months is because the downside of this deal is that the $25 eCredit expires on Dec. 31, 2019, which is just around the corner. However, if you have plans to purchase a Delta ticket over the next four months then buy yourself a gift card and use that credit as all you have to do is book by the end of the year.
If you're interested in this deal, note that it's only available while supplies last, and is limited to the first 4,000 purchasers during the qualifying period.
Another thing to note is that this promo is limited to one credit per SkyMiles member, so don't go overboard with the gift cards unless you were planning on buying them anyway. One way to maximize this deal is to have everyone in your family buy a gift card so each individual could also get a $25 eCredit. Depending on where you're flying, $250 won't be hard to spend on flights if you're traveling during the busy holiday season, so the $25 eCredit is a nice added bonus.
It's a bit unclear who actually processes the purchase for the gift card, but we have reason to believe its Cashstar, meaning you likely won't earn bonus points with a credit card that has a points multiplier for airfare purchases. You can you use a card that's great for everyday purchases like the Chase Freedom Unlimited®.
To maximize your purchase even further, consider using the following cards that will help you boost your SkyMiles balance:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 annual fee; See Rates & Fees);75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 6 months of Card Membership, though be sure to check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months (offer subject to change at anytime). You can transfer Membership Rewards points directly to Delta SkyMiles. Terms Apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express ($595 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 75,000 points after you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Terms Apply.
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card ($450 annual fee; $550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020, See Rates & Fees); Earn 40,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express ($95 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta Reserve Business Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Card, click here.
Top offers from our partners
How we chose these cards
- Learn Moreabout Credit One Bank Wander® CardTerms Apply